No announcement yet.

Miata is like a motorcycle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've driven around them in twisties and certainly pulled them like they were broken in the straights, all in a mostly stock Fox body.

Hehehe...
    sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
    17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
    13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
    86 SVO - Sold
    '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
    01 TJ - new toy - Sold
    65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Meh. Ive sold a few, driven a few and been in a ridealong on a track day but they are just too tiny and I am a fat ass. When I bought my 99 FRC C5 a friend just got some special edition Miata. Blue with a 6 speed and Momo wheel. Forgot what edition it was called. Anyway he wanted to race me to the summit of Haleakela. Crater road is supposed to be (so i have been told) the shortest distance to altitude road in america. We ran from 2000' to the summit around 10,000 feet. The FRC was brand new so I was scared to push it too hard in the corners as they are all almost 180* uphill corners but are banked. I let him stay out front for a couple thousand feet of altitude but he spun in three corners so I passed and let him get on my tail then went to 80% of the cars (or my) abilities and while the FRC was fairly composed with minimal drifting I could see his Miata going sideways in every turn and just dissapear in my mirror.

Before then he would never shutup about how his Miata could drive circles around my Vette in the twisties. After that i never heard a peep again. LOL

Man I miss that Vette.

Nice thing about a Vette is everyone looks even if they are not vette fans. Thus you are always seen and dont have to worry about people running into you.
      Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

I loved my 91 model. It was supercharged and had about 1000 dollars worth of suspension and chassis mods.

It was pushing 200k miles and I'm getting PCS orders to Cali so I gave it to my brother and bought a late model Stang.

2004 Suzuki DL650
        1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
          It's a sign. Quit buying shitty cars.
          X2

Comment

Originally posted by ratt View Post
            this, but i'm a little gay.
            ftfy?

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
              Goddamn, if you feel cramped, I'd look like Shaq driving a full sized car in one.
              Well my knees weren't all up in the dash or my head hitting the roof or anything, but it just felt cramped if that makes any sense. I mean if you are driving it with a passenger, and you are carrying anything more than a standard sized carry-on bag, you're fucked! Also, with Dallas traffic, there's not gonna be much corner-carving to/from work ever since it's so populated. They are fun, neat cars that are relatively simple to work on, but IMO they make a shitty daily driver.

Comment

Working...
              X