Google Scam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Scam?

Just got this at 8pm today (jan 4), which is actually 2AM UTC. Anyone else ever receive anything like this from google?

Wesley,

Someone recently tried to use an application to sign in to your Google Account - xxxx.xxxx@gmail.com. We prevented the sign-in attempt in case this was a hijacker trying to access your account. Please review the details of the sign-in attempt:

Saturday, January 5, 2013 240 AM UTC
    IP Address: 189.188.18.155

If you do not recognize this sign-in attempt, someone else might be trying to access your account. You should sign in to your account and reset your password immediately. Find out how at http://support.google.com/accounts?p=reset_pw

If this was you, and you want to give this application access to your account, complete the troubleshooting steps listed at http://support.google.com/mail?p=client_login

Note: This email address cannot accept replies.

Sincerely,
    The Google Accounts Team

© 2012 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

You have received this mandatory email service announcement to update you about important changes to your Google product or account
    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

I have, but instead of clicking on any link in any email I always go to the website directly, a good way to ensure you aren't taken.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
      I have, but instead of clicking on any link in any email I always go to the website directly, a good way to ensure you aren't taken.
      That is exactly what I just did, and I got alerts once I logged in as well.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
        That is exactly what I just did, and I got alerts once I logged in as well.
        If they did not get in to it then all is well. Review your recovery options in there in case they gain entry, at least then you have a chance to recover the account.

I have my google account setup to Text my phone a code whenever I try to login from a new computer.

Comment

The grammar and sentence structure is clearly retarded. If this came from Google, I'd fire whoever wrote it.
          Ford
          GM
          Toyota
          VAG

Comment

are you contacting people on craigslist? if they can't hack your gmail, they try to get into your facebook, to get security answers to your email.

Comment

Shit I have been getting bs emails that look like a missed Fed Ex package tracking email. It says click here to get up to date tracking conformation and how to pick up your package. All from BS email accounts. They look pretty good also and I bet a lot of people have clicked on the links.
              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by GT Fanatic View Post
                are you contacting people on craigslist? if they can't hack your gmail, they try to get into your facebook, to get security answers to your email.
                I have not, and I don't have a facebook account. I logged into my gmail account got several alerts about it and changed my info; it was apparently a legit attempt.

Comment

Working...
                X