No announcement yet.

Russ Martin.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ill flip it over if there isn't anything on for about 5 minutes. While I don't really enjoy his show. I do have to show some respect for what he does for his foundations and helping fallen service men and women. I forgot what the outcome was when he supposedly beat his girlfriend. Did the charges ever stick, did she change her story?
    "Yeeeeehhhhhaaaaawwwww that's my jam"

Comment

• Originally posted by Country cracker View Post
      Ill flip it over if there isn't anything on for about 5 minutes. While I don't really enjoy his show. I do have to show some respect for what he does for his foundations and helping fallen service men and women. I forgot what the outcome was when he supposedly beat his girlfriend. Did the charges ever stick, did she change her story?
      She dropped the charges as soon as he lawyered up.
      Originally posted by Jester
      Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
      He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
      Originally posted by Denny
      What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
      FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
        Is Talisman implying Russ Martin is a criminal mastrrmind?
        He's not smart enough to be a criminal mastermind.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• To each his own...its obvious that some folks enjoy his show, but it's just not my flavor. I just can't tune out the constant giggling from that douche in the background, for shit that isn't funny...it reminds me of a cheesy laugh-track from a sitcom.

It's obvious the Dude also lives a pretty dysfunctional life...you can gauge that from the many failed relationships with women as well as others who have, at some point, been close to him....not to mention how he has distanced himself from his own family.

The Observer did a pretty good piece on him several years back that was probably of the more unbiased and real that I've read..... http://www.dallasobserver.com/2009-0...elevance/full/

Some of the quotes from people close to him painted a pretty interesting picture about his real canvas vs. that of his on-air persona....

"Stuff he'd say to us on the air he wouldn't say to us in the hall, because he's a coward," says J.D. Ryan, Martin's radio right-hand man for 25 years. "To him everything was a bit, but eventually he crossed the line. It became personal. He made it clear that being successful wasn't enough. For him to be truly happy, those around him also had to fail miserably."

"Russ is a miserable person," says Lori Miears, ex-fiancée of a former Martin show cast member. "I've seen random acts of kindness from him, but I've never met anyone that genuinely likes him. Or vice-versa. Honestly, I wouldn't want him within 30 minutes of my mother."

"Russ was an asshole on his show, but he wasn't acting," former Live 105.3 host Pugs Moran says. "In nine years working in the same building, he spoke less than 15 words to me."

And this one takes the prize....

"One night I told Russ I really cared about him as a friend," Lewis says, his voice cracking. "Soon as I said it he started using it as a weapon against me. Ours turned into an abusive relationship, because Russ has difficulty with people who care about him. His mindset is that he's got to hurt them before they hurt him first."

In the ensuing months, Martin caustically referred on the air to Lewis' wife as "the queen of double penetration." When Lewis took time off to comfort his wife in the wake of her father's death, he received a call from Martin while Lewis was inside the funeral home.
          "He was pissed I didn't make time to pre-record some traffic bits," Lewis says. "He was cussing me out, calling me a 'lousy piece of shit.' It was the last straw."

But it was just the first domino.

A year after Lewis' firing in December 2003, Martin began airing the real name of Lewis' son and boasting that he hoped his former partner would commit suicide so he could become the child's father figure. While working at a comic book store in Rockwall, Lewis' 16-year-old daughter suddenly heard her private conversations read on the air by Martin. Lewis says Martin's show initially supplied incentive and a tape recorder to a co-worker at the store, a fact vehemently denied by O'Malley and Ryan.
          "I got death threats from Russ' listeners because I had dared leave his precious tree house," Lewis said. "The one I'll never forget was a guy who said he was going to 'rape your daughter and then ass-fuck her until she dies'."

Sounds like a real stand-up guy, eh?
          70' Chevelle RagTop
          (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

• Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
            To each his own...its obvious that some folks enjoy his show, but it's just not my flavor. I just can't tune out the constant giggling from that douche in the background, for shit that isn't funny...it reminds me of a cheesy laugh-track from a sitcom.

It's obvious the Dude also lives a pretty dysfunctional life...........

Sounds like a real stand-up guy, eh?
            I can't say I'm really surprised...what a piece of shit, yet lots of people support his show.

Comment

• Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
              I can't say I'm really surprised...what a piece of shit, yet lots of people support his show.
              I had it on there as a tertiary option for the other 2 shows I listen to. However, I think I'm going to remove it based off the article above. To me his show is not really entertaining at all anyway. Just some background noise when other shows have commercial breaks.
              Originally posted by MR EDD
              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

• Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                Not me and somewhere in this thread I posted that he can go fuck himself, I still stand by that statement...

I was close.

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                This is what I don't understand about the whole radio talk show(s), when I listen to the radio I want to listen to music, not to two or three guys talking about stupid idiotic shit and then laughing like a table of 16 year old girls at the local mall food court. I've watched the HS show on TV but never even listen to his show on the radio and I have been a Siruis subscriber since 05.
                I also don't have any respect for a radio DJ that was arrested for assault and battery on a woman and also accused of threating her with a gun, real tough guy right there, fuck that clown...
                Last edited by Rick Modena; 02-17-2014, 12:23 PM.
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• He just got done bringing up this website again. He said something about a Plano cop telling him about his address being posted on here. He went on to say that nothing has ever came up missing and no one has bothered him but he would be happy to more or less have a confrontation in the middle of the night. I'm paraphrasing but that is the gist of it.
                  03 cobra

Comment

• Originally posted by brandon01rt View Post
                    He just got done bringing up this website again. He said something about a Plano cop telling him about his address being posted on here. He went on to say that nothing has ever came up missing and no one has bothered him but he would be happy to more or less have a confrontation in the middle of the night. I'm paraphrasing but that is the gist of it.
                    He has been on reruns all week.
                    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Ahh, I don't listen regularly.
                      03 cobra

Comment

• He is a rerun. Nothing new to see here.

Comment

• Still an assclown...

Comment

• I listen when I get a chance but never drive during rush hour.

Comment

• Originally posted by brandon01rt View Post
                              He just got done bringing up this website again. He said something about a Plano cop telling him about his address being posted on here. He went on to say that nothing has ever came up missing and no one has bothered him but he would be happy to more or less have a confrontation in the middle of the night. I'm paraphrasing but that is the gist of it.
                              What's he gonna do? Beat me like he does his girlfriend?

Comment

• I got dirt on Russ but it can't be posted; ever. If I go to a GTG I will spill the beans about him. Ya'll will fucking die laughing.
                                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Working...
                                X