Investment property

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
    I like boat storage. With all the HOA's that won't allow you to have a boat on a trailer it makes for a nice group of customers that always pay their rent on time. Try to find land on a main highway within an hour of a bunch of lakes and semi close to fancy neighborhoods.

I've got 54 units all designed for boat storage with electricity furnished so they can keep their batteries charged. These guys are some of the most reliable tenants I have ever heard of.
    Got some pics of your setup?! Very smart.
    ./ ____ _ _\.
    (]]]_ o _[[[)
    \o_FORD_o/
    |__|.....|__|

God closes doors no man can open, God opens doors no man can close. Revelations 3:7-8

Comment

Originally posted by 4.6coupe View Post
      Got some pics of your setup?! Very smart.
      No, I don't. What kind of pics are you looking for?

Mapquest will only zoom in so far and I can't put a border on the property to make it easier to tell what's what.

Dimensions on the units are 12' x 30' with 8 foot doors.

Comment

Like a website i suppose. But yes indeed that sounds like a great way to bring in some cash flow. Apart from the land, did you have to shell out a lot of cash to get it all constructed and up and running?
        ./ ____ _ _\.
        (]]]_ o _[[[)
        \o_FORD_o/
        |__|.....|__|

God closes doors no man can open, God opens doors no man can close. Revelations 3:7-8

Comment

It was an add on to the business my Grandfather started. He built them all out of pocket. He built one building of 5 units, rented them out, let his coffers build back up, then built 2 more buildings. One building had 7 units in it, the other had 10. Same process, then 2 more. Same process, then 2 more.

It took about 12 years, but this was all without bank loans.

Comment

Here's our website. I warn you, we don't update it often. All of our business is word of mouth, so advertising has never been a strong suit.

There is one pic of some of the units on this page. http://www.easttexassonar.com/services.htm

Comment

"Need to hide your new boat from the wife?"

Love it!!!
              ./ ____ _ _\.
              (]]]_ o _[[[)
              \o_FORD_o/
              |__|.....|__|

Comment

Working...
              X