Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couldnt renew "myplates"

Pretty damned bummed.

I had the black one with the big half star on the malibu. Tags expired but since I was in the middle of a lenghty tranny swap I didn't bother to rush out and grab a new sticker. The car is registered in fort worth, so I my dad ran by the tax office to to handle it for me. He said they told him since the the registration had been out "so long" (2 months) that I couldn't keep the "MyPlates" and they stuck me with the new white ones.
    Sound like some BS? I liked those black plates a lot. My first three letters were BAO, which leads me to believe I had some of the first ones. I've never seen an "AA" plate.

Do yall think it's possible to eventually get the same black plates back on there?
    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Get vanity plates with the same letters. Run the plates you've already got. Success!

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
      Pretty damned bummed.

I had the black one with the big half star on the malibu. Tags expired but since I was in the middle of a lenghty tranny swap I didn't bother to rush out and grab a new sticker. The car is registered in fort worth, so I my dad ran by the tax office to to handle it for me. He said they told him since the the registration had been out "so long" (2 months) that I couldn't keep the "MyPlates" and they stuck me with the new white ones.
      Sound like some BS? I liked those black plates a lot. My first three letters were BAO, which leads me to believe I had some of the first ones. I've never seen an "AA" plate.

Do yall think it's possible to eventually get the same black plates back on there?
      if u take the plates in, they should be able to re-register the car for you... That's what they told me locally.

Comment

Originally posted by STROKD View Post
        if u take the plates in, they should be able to re-register the car for you... That's what they told me locally.
        Cool. I would have done that already but I'm just not in Fort Worth too often. I'd register it here in Waco, but I'll be back in DFW in May. The white plates aren't really too bad.
        Last edited by HarrisonTX; 01-11-2013, 06:55 PM.
        DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Plates expire for more than 60 days you have to reapply. Been that way since I can remember.
          Originally posted by The King
          I would have to disagree...If a man gives another man a blow job and doesn't use his hands, that doesn't make him gay.

Comment

When I got my plates they informed me that the first couple of letters deal with which county you received the plates from?

Comment

Originally posted by reytx1 View Post
              When I got my plates they informed me that the first couple of letters deal with which county you received the plates from?
              highly doubt
              DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

I think the letters on the plates are related to the kind of car you drive, like a truck, suv or coupe. I have no clue where I heard this idea tho
                Big Rooster Racing
                1985 Mustang GT

Comment

Originally posted by Josh.0 View Post
                  I think the letters on the plates are related to the kind of car you drive, like a truck, suv or coupe. I have no clue where I heard this idea tho
                  if i'm not mistaking trucks and SUVs start with numbers.
                  Street car.

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                    Cool. I would have done that already but I'm just not in Fort Worth too often. I'd register it here in Waco, but I'll be back in DFW in May. The white plates aren't really too bad.
                    soooo.... /thread?
                    THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Working...
                    X