Fishfu(ker moves to the UK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishfu(ker moves to the UK?

This is some seriously funny shit. What an idiot.

A man on the island of Guernsey in the English Channel caught a 13-pound bass to win an ocean fishing contest and $1,290, only he didn't actually catch the fish in the traditional sense. He stole it from the St. Peter Port Aquarium.

Matthew Clark, 29, posed for photos of his winning "catch" and claimed the prize in the Bailiwick Bass Club Open Competition before getting exposed by another competitor who recognized the fish.

"My wife and I took the kids to the aquarium and saw the bass in the tank," Shane Bentley told The Mirror. "It stood out because it had some very distinct markings on its head.

"It wasn't until the winning fish was lifted for the photo that I thought, 'That's the fish from the aquarium.'

"Next morning, I went to the aquarium and asked to see the bass with the markings. But neither myself nor the owner could find it anywhere."

Bentley told contest organizers, who then alerted police. The Mirror reported that Clark panicked and sold the bass to a fishmonger, but police matched the head of the fish carcass to the missing bass and arrested Clark.

Clark wound up confessing to burglary and fraud over the summer incident, and on Thursday he was given 100 hours of community service after taking a two-year oath of good behavior.

According to The Mirror, Clark owed the owner of the aquarium $2,400, so on the last day of the fishing tournament, he scaled cliffs, climbed a rope ladder, and snuck into the aquarium through a back door. He presumably used a net to catch the fish.

It was unknown whether Bentley caught a fish in the contest, but he did catch a thief.

And to think I expected to see a picture of the Halloween costume in front of Buckingham Palace.
    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Oh god I cannot stop laughing MORE at the guy who RECOGNIZED a tank fish from the local aquarium! Oh Jesus that's the best part! Fish Fucker... Meet Fish Gazer!
      Originally posted by PGreenCobra
      I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
      Originally posted by Trip McNeely
      Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
      dont downshift!!
      Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
        Oh god I cannot stop laughing MORE at the guy who RECOGNIZED a tank fish from the local aquarium! Oh Jesus that's the best part! Fish Fucker... Meet Fish Gazer!
        x2 I was about to say what in the FUCK! How the fuck do you remember that shit.

Comment

Fish are serious business, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
            Fish are serious business, okay?
            Serious Business of good eating!

Comment

burglary and fraud = 100 hours of community service and two-year oath of good behavior.

Wow.

Stevo
              Originally posted by SSMAN
              ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                burglary and fraud = 100 hours of community service and two-year oath of good behavior.

Wow.

Stevo
                Most important part of the story. Push overs!
                Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post

Wow.

Stevo
                  Originally posted by Wish4svts View Post
                  Most important part of the story. Push overs!
                  Britain: Illegalize your guns to the point that turning in a shotgun that was found on the street = five years jail time. Conviction of burglary & fraud = serve in soup kitchen. For 12 Saturdays.
                  Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                  I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                  Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                  Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                  dont downshift!!
                  Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Oath of good behavior? How proper the brits are.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                      Britain: Illegalize your guns to the point that turning in a shotgun that was found on the street = five years jail time. Conviction of burglary & fraud = serve in soup kitchen. For 12 Saturdays.
                      No shit. Maybe a trip to Britain is warranted. We could go on a massive crime spree, become wealthy beyond imagination, and if we get caught they will just ask us not to do it again. Dibs on the Crown Jewels.
                      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Working...
                      X