No announcement yet.

So, I am driving a Prius..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Start it. Put a brick on the throttle to kick on the gas engine and wait for the boom.

Comment

Yup, I've worked and driven a few of them. When you first get it and start it, it will run on battery power until it reaches a 'charge cycle' and thats when the motor comes on and you can run the heater, A/C, etc. The newer ones might be different, but 2010 and earlier are like this.
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

From google it looks like you should have plugged in the block heater overnight. If it is not equipped with a block heater, just freeze.

Comment

Most of the time it as soon as you accelerate the engine will kick on and the heater should start, of course like any car it will take a few minutes. I guess if you want to start it and let it warm up, you are fucked, that is unless you have heated seats.
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
            Most of the time it as soon as you accelerate the engine will kick on and the heater should start, of course like any car it will take a few minutes. I guess if you want to start it and let it warm up, you are fucked, that is unless you have heated seats.
            So much for remote start as an option. lol

Comment

Just wear a jacket.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                Just wear a jacket.
                how come you dont have a prius?
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                  how come you dont have a prius?
                  For the same reason I drive a vehicle that averages 12 miles to the gallon.

Because I don't give a fuck.

Comment

Sometimes you hide your liberal commie ways well.

Edit* CHOOOOOOO$$$$$CHOOOOOOO$$$$
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

id rather drive my windstar than a prius lol

Comment

I actually wouldn't have a problem driving one, just wouldn't buy one.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                            Sometimes you hide your liberal commie ways well.

Edit* CHOOOOOOO$$$$$CHOOOOOOO$$$$
                            Lol, you can try to pigeon hole me all you want, but as I have said before, there is a reason I live in Texas and not CA!

I may let you corn-hole me though.

Comment

Lol, you can try to pigeon hole me all you want, but as I have said before, there is a reason I live in Texas and not CA!

I may let you corn-hole me though.

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
                                It don't start, lol. Does the battery heat the heater? Nope. Can't even get the vents to blow air till the car warms up some. Then the fan will gradually in increments start going higher as the car warms up.

When you start the fucker. It does not make any noise what so ever. You put it in gear. You feel nothing. At least not till you press the gas pedal.

I will say knocking off 40- 50 mpg cruising down the hwy is pretty killer. When they made me check it for damage, I said there was some. They as where? I said all over the car, it got hit by UGLY..........everywhere.
                                It will if you hit the ac button but turn the temp to hot. I did it all the timr in montana.

Comment

Working...
                                X