HALP!!! Realtor Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HALP!!! Realtor Advice

So I'm thinking about selling my house, and buying something closer to work, newer and bigger. I don't have too much equity in the house so I don't want to spend where I don't have to. But I want to capture these interest rates. This leaves the options of:

1) Selling by owner for a few grand less than market and still making more than had I paid 6% commission.

Has anyone here done this and was it worth it?

2) Using one of those agents that will not charge a commission to sell your house as long as you use them as your buying agent. It seems like it makes sense...but is this a scam?

The house is in a pretty nice neighborhood in Allen, TX. All the houses around seem to sell very fast.

You don't NEED a high capacity house!

Comment

Halp?

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
        You don't NEED a high capacity house!
        No I do not. But if I WANT to keep up with the Jonses....

Comment

Ruff, after going through all the Real estate classes for licensing.. i can tell you GET A REALTOR!!.. they are sneaky sneaky people and the purchasors Realtor is under no obligation to be truthefull to you..
          2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
            No I do not. But if I WANT to keep up with the Modenas....
            Fixed!
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
              Fixed!
              Haha how'd you know I was moving to your side of the tracks?

Comment

RealEstateNate, dude. He's the shit.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Haha how'd you know I was moving to your side of the tracks?
                  I already told you more than once. I know everything and what i dont know Mike tells me.
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                    I already told you more than once. I know everything and what i dont know Mike tells me.
                    Hello

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      Hello
                      See.

Comment

Originally posted by White_lightning View Post
                        Ruff, after going through all the Real estate classes for licensing.. i can tell you GET A REALTOR!!.. they are sneaky sneaky people and the purchasors Realtor is under no obligation to be truthefull to you..
                        Man my last realtor didn't do anything to earn the commission he made.

Comment

Man my last realtor didn't do anything to earn the commission he made.
                          It is funny how that works.

I'll let you in on a secret, realtors on the sell side don't do shit but put a sign in the yard. If you think that isn't true, call one up and ask him to show you a house he is listing. He will act like you asked him to fuck his own grandma.

Find one of these websites that will put your house into the MLS system for $500 and negotiate your own contract, all they use is a standard form anyway.
                          Originally posted by racrguy
                          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                          Originally posted by racrguy
                          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

A high volume realtor knows the other high volume agents. This gets their listings shown- and your house sold. It is all about who you know.

List it with a good realtor and expect to pay 6%.

We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the the pursuit of happiness......, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive to these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government,
                            I'm posting from my phone, probably while driving. Expect typoes.......

Comment

I know the 6% deal, but I'm asking more about by owner or the guys who sell your house for reduced commission as long as you buy the next house through them.

Comment

Working...
                              X