truck title question, help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• truck title question, help

i recently bought a truck off craigslist, guy fed me a story he had it for 2 years, truck was his baby and just couldnt afford to drive it (its a diesel). so i went over it called my buddy paul wall figured out what was wrong with it so i offered a price and ended up buying it. well when we went to his house to get title i noticed his name was on buyers line and he never transferred title into his name and really owned it for about 3 months. i still knew i was getting a good deal so i took it well now that mistake is going to cost me from $500-to getting a bonded title.

i have talked to some people and they have said there is a form that i can use i guess like an affidavit saying a mistake was made and im the one purchasing it but have yet to find out what mysterious for this is.

well if anyone can shed some light or know of something i can do i would be most grateful!!

Your buddy is Paul wall?

Comment

You can get a piece of paperwork at the title office that you would have to get signed by the title holder(not the person you bought it from) to sign saying the wrong name was on the buyers line and it should read your name.
      Or possibly get the guy you bought it from to transfer the title to his name then sign it over to you when he recieves it in the mail. Of course having a bill of sale signed by him saying he will do exactly that so you are covered. JIC
      Third option might be finding the title holder and try to get him to get you a certified copy of the title and sign it over to you.

Comment

Originally posted by samuel642000 View Post
        You can get a piece of paperwork at the title office that you would have to get signed by the title holder(not the person you bought it from) to sign saying the wrong name was on the buyers line and it should read your name.
        Or possibly get the guy you bought it from to transfer the title to his name then sign it over to you when he recieves it in the mail. Of course having a bill of sale signed by him saying he will do exactly that so you are covered. JIC
        Third option might be finding the title holder and try to get him to get you a certified copy of the title and sign it over to you.
        The first option is the best bet, I think thats the affidavit route.

The issue with the second option is he would have to pay to get the title transferred twice, now I dont know how much his truck is valued at but for a $6,000 vehicle you end up paying around $400 in taxes for the transfer, which you would have to do twice.

The third option would work also, you could just go to the carrolton title office with the guy whose name is on the title, pay the 5 bucks, have the title printed out right then and there and have him sign it over to you.

Comment

Originally posted by reytx1 View Post
          The first option is the best bet, I think thats the affidavit route.

The issue with the second option is he would have to pay to get the title transferred twice, now I dont know how much his truck is valued at but for a $6,000 vehicle you end up paying around $400 in taxes for the transfer, which you would have to do twice.

The third option would work also, you could just go to the carrolton title office with the guy whose name is on the title, pay the 5 bucks, have the title printed out right then and there and have him sign it over to you.
          What's that office called?

But the guy has to go ?
          Last edited by junior; 01-19-2013, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
            What's that office called?

But the guy has to go ?
            I'll have to look it up. He will need to go in person with his ID and the vin number.

Comment

Here you go.

1925 E. BELTLINE ROAD, SUITE 100
              CARROLLTON, TX 75006 Phone number (972) 417-0884

Website: http://www.txdmv.gov/wheretogo/regio...ice.htm?reg=dl

The cool thing about this place is they print out the title there and you get it immediately. No waiting for it to be sent in the mail.

Comment

This place does the same for printing the title on the spot... Just on the tarrant county side, may be closer

Comment

Shouldn't a statement of fact fix it?

Comment

Hold up, still didn't answer the question. You're friends with Paul Wall?
                    Originally posted by talisman
                    I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                    Originally posted by AdamLX
                    If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                    Because fuck you, that's why
                    Originally posted by 80coupe
                    nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                    Originally posted by Rick Modena
                    ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                    Originally posted by Jester
                    Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

I'm off tomorrow and going to try and get this issue resolved...

Originally posted by TEAMJACOB View Post
                      Your buddy is Paul wall?
                      Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
                      Hold up, still didn't answer the question. You're friends with Paul Wall?
                      Yes I know Paul wall, he even posts on here but I will not reveal his user name

Comment

Tell him his music sucks.
                        Originally posted by talisman
                        I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                        Originally posted by AdamLX
                        If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                        Because fuck you, that's why
                        Originally posted by 80coupe
                        nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                        Originally posted by Rick Modena
                        ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                        Originally posted by Jester
                        Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                          I'm off tomorrow and going to try and get this issue resolved...

Yes I know Paul wall, he even posts on here but I will not reveal his user name
                          At the last GTG I thought to myself, "Yanno, that Elvis guy looks a lot like a moderately successful white rapper." Who woulda thought?!

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
                            Tell him his music sucks.
                            Honestly I don't think he cares much about music as much as he cares about money $$$

Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post
                            At the last GTG I thought to myself, "Yanno, that Elvis guy looks a lot like a moderately successful white rapper." Who woulda thought?!
                            Close but not him.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X