First paycheck with reduced Social Security %

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First paycheck with reduced Social Security %

I noticed on my first paycheck of this year that my income tax increased enough to cancel out the 2% reduction in social security. My paycheck was about a $1 less than last year.

Anybody else notice this? I did not change my filing status.
    www.dfwdirtriders.com

the "making work pay" tax credit expired in 2010 but that was only up to $400 a year. i would hope 2% of your income is more than $400/year.

did the cost of your benefits go up? all of my health/dental/vision plans increased a bit.
    Last edited by momo; 01-07-2011, 09:15 AM.
    www.hppmotorsports.com
    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

I love how they're talking about Social Security going insolvent, yet take a huge chunk (adding everybody's contribution) out of the bucket. And on top of that, that added income is taxed on the income tax so you don't see much a gain.

Heck, my insurance plan went up this year, so I'm sure I'll see an overall loss.

<-- get's paid on the 15th and end of month.
      "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

My take home increased by a whopping $5. I'm not sure what I'll do with the extra $250 a year!? Probably just blow it all on coke and whores!

Comment

Originally posted by diablo rojo View Post
          My take home increased by a whopping $5. I'm not sure what I'll do with the extra $250 a year!? Probably just blow it all on coke and whores!
          At that price the coke's gonna be bunk and the whore will have the clap.

Put it in savings.

Comment

Working...
          X