Craigslist stories, deals, and whores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
    In the event he asked for that, you think he would have tried to rob you? There seems to be a lot of people in this thread, saying people wanted to meet them in a dark alley, with no witnesses.
    I don't know, the guy seemed pretty cool over the phone, but you never know. I have gotten some really good deals in the past, but no way does a guy trade a $25K car for an $8k car without something being fishy. Especially a guy that works with performance cars.

Comment

• Meet him up at a safe place and see what's up. I've ran into quite a few deals that seemed sketchy as hell, but the people were just insistent on getting fucked on their end of the deal and were fully aware. Never had anything go wrong
      Originally posted by Buzzo
      Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

• Comment

• Just email me your info and send me money!

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by crapstang View Post
            Meet him up at a safe place and see what's up. I've ran into quite a few deals that seemed sketchy as hell, but the people were just insistent on getting fucked on their end of the deal and were fully aware. Never had anything go wrong
            It was more than that. First off him dissing my car, only to offer me something way better didn't feel right. Second his story about the previous owner having to GTFO of town, even if the deal was legit, I don't want someone showing up on my door looking for the previous owner.

Finally, I asked him "Why don't you put it up for $15k and then give me my $8k?", and he gave excuses about not having any time.

I give that a 5% chance of being legit, and a 95% chance that I wake up in serbia with my kidney missing. I barely trust people under normal circumstances, I definitely don't trust people that are offering me the "deal of a lifetime".

Comment

• Originally posted by JC316 View Post
              I don't know, the guy seemed pretty cool over the phone, but you never know. I have gotten some really good deals in the past, but no way does a guy trade a $25K car for an $8k car without something being fishy. Especially a guy that works with performance cars.
              If the part about him owning a performance shop were true, he could be trying to sell somebody's car that didn't pay or went to jail or who knows what. I bet he conveniently wouldn't have a title. Oh but you'd be able to get it real easy!
              WH

Comment

• well yes, if he has a mechanics lien, but i wouldnt expect you to know that being a "moderate level mechanic".

Comment

It was more than that. First off him dissing my car, only to offer me something way better didn't feel right. Second his story about the previous owner having to GTFO of town, even if the deal was legit, I don't want someone showing up on my door looking for the previous owner.

Finally, I asked him "Why don't you put it up for $15k and then give me my $8k?", and he gave excuses about not having any time.

I give that a 5% chance of being legit, and a 95% chance that I wake up in serbia with my kidney missing. I barely trust people under normal circumstances, I definitely don't trust people that are offering me the "deal of a lifetime".
                  Bring a few gun toting buddies with you. I always have at least one friend tag a long with a craigslist transaction if it's for more than a few hundred dollars.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                    well yes, if he has a mechanics lien, but i wouldnt expect you to know that being a "moderate level mechanic".
                    You don't follow the conversation very well. And I wouldn't expect you to know shit but how to install toilets.
                    WH

Comment

• Yeah, the bull-shit-o-meter starts getting in the red when multiple odd stories have to be given

sigpic

Comment

• You start dissing my stuff for sale, I am not giving you any bargain. I'll got up or take it off sale before I will put up with someone dissing me or my stuff for what I am selling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank View Post
                          You start dissing my stuff for sale, I am not giving you any bargain. I'll got up or take it off sale before I will put up with someone dissing me or my stuff for what I am selling.
                          Same, nothing pisses me off faster than that. I don't mind friendly negotiation, but trying to get aggressive only makes me mad and stubborn.

A new negotiating tactic must be "I have to figure on a new engine", because I have heard it several times now. People are trying to use high miles as broken shit and cars don't work like that. You could get a car with 50K miles and have the engine blow, or you can go 300K without ever having an issue.

Comment

Same, nothing pisses me off faster than that. I don't mind friendly negotiation, but trying to get aggressive only makes me mad and stubborn.

A new negotiating tactic must be "I have to figure on a new engine", because I have heard it several times now. People are trying to use high miles as broken shit and cars don't work like that. You could get a car with 50K miles and have the engine blow, or you can go 300K without ever having an issue.
                            I don't mind that either, unless they say something stupid. Like " What's the least you'll take??" I'm like well what's the most you'll pay, mother fucker?

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny
                              I hate it when the conversation starts with a text, "What's your bottom dollar?"

I priced it according to its worth. What's your top dollar?
                              It's the laziest possible way to haggle with someone, and it pisses me off. I don't mind if they make an offer that's lower than what I'm selling it, though.
                              Last edited by Craizie; 10-12-2015, 05:52 PM.

Comment

• "I have my old engagement ring, it was bought Febuary 22, 2015, walmart wont take it back because its benn over 6 months. Its not a real dimond, but the silver is. He paid $198 for the ring and im willing to settle for $100 OBO, Please help me let it make someone else a new memory, i dont wanna see it, i have held onto it since April 15, 2015. Its time to go!!!!!!"
                                2012 GT500

Comment

Working...
                                X