Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Magnus View Post
    Yea, fuck cavaliers, and cobalts!
    Cavaliers and cobalts are awesome. I will take either over a damned honda any day of the week.

Comment

• Originally posted by JC316 View Post
      Cavaliers and cobalts are awesome. I will take either over a damned honda any day of the week.
      Really?? Never thought I'd see the day. When someone said that.

Give me a Honda all day, every day, until the end of days. Vs cavvy or cobalt.
      WH

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
        Really?? Never thought I'd see the day. When someone said that.

Give me a Honda all day, every day, until the end of days. Vs cavvy or cobalt.
        I've never understood this. Hondas have utterly shit transmissions and the motors aren't that great either. Timing belts, oil leaks, and overall a pain in the ass to work on.

The Ecotec on the other hand is damned near unkillable, timing chain based, while being equal to the honda in HP and MPG. The automatics are also far more reliable.

Comment

• Originally posted by barronj View Post
          There's an ass for every seat. Hopefully someone just about to tear apart their ranger for this very swap can save themselves a few headaches, hassles, 100 trips to OReilly's, and buy this one.
          It's a super simple swap. The only thing I needed from Oreillys was oil and coolant. I have a few, one's up for trade.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
            It's a super simple swap. The only thing I needed from Oreillys was oil and coolant. I have a few, one's up for trade.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/bar/5860030892.html
            I have a friend wanting one of those. Pm me a cash price including fixing the 4wd. Pls.
            sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
            17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
            13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
            86 SVO - Sold
            '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
            01 TJ - new toy - Sold
            65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

I've never understood this. Hondas have utterly shit transmissions and the motors aren't that great either. Timing belts, oil leaks, and overall a pain in the ass to work on.

The Ecotec on the other hand is damned near unkillable, timing chain based, while being equal to the honda in HP and MPG. The automatics are also far more reliable.
              Timing chain and guides need to be replaced, they don't last forever.

If youre going ass to ass on a 10 year old civic and a 10 year old cobalt both with 220k miles, bottom line is you're fucked and one of them probably has terminal aids

I can do a water pump and timing belt on a 92-05 civic in under 3 hours. The difference is in the name and how the car was treated. To most people a cobalt is only a car until you can afford a new car, to most people the civic is understood to be reliable if you take car of it. Believe it or not I did a timing belt on a 99 civic yesterday that was still on the original timing belt
              Last edited by 4king; 11-04-2016, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Yeah I have come across a lot of utterly POS hondas. But mostly I find that the reason is that they were in the hands of morons. 16 year old girls and boy racers that saw too many bad movies. The transmissions could be built tougher, that I'll agree. But I had one honda that had 355k on the clock, and another that had 388k. They just seem to go forever and a day, if maintained properly. That's my .02 at least.
                WH

Comment

• Originally posted by 4king View Post

If youre going ass to ass on a 10 year old civic and a 10 year old cobalt both with 220k miles, bottom line is you're fucked and one of them probably has terminal aids

I can do a water pump and timing belt on a 92-05 civic in under 3 hours. The difference is in the name and how the car was treated. To most people a cobalt is only a car until you can afford a new car, to most people the civic is understood to be reliable if you take car of it. Believe it or not I did a timing belt on a 99 civic yesterday that was still on the original timing belt
                  Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                  Yeah I have come across a lot of utterly POS hondas. But mostly I find that the reason is that they were in the hands of morons. 16 year old girls and boy racers that saw too many bad movies. The transmissions could be built tougher, that I'll agree. But I had one honda that had 355k on the clock, and another that had 388k. They just seem to go forever and a day, if maintained properly. That's my .02 at least.
                  My 97 5 spd gave me no issues what so ever. I made sure all maintenance was taken care of though. Hell, had I not totalled it a 3 years after I bought it, I would probably still be driving it.

My step mom's 92 had 200k + on it when my little brother got it and had 322k on it when he sold it with only very minor issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

You make absolutely no sense. The only places i see cavaliers and cobalts are at the junk yard or in the trailer park. There is a reason for that.
                    2006 Civic SI
                    2009 Pilot
                    1988 GT
                    CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baba Ganoush View Post

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/bar/5860030892.html
                      Did someone use the hood off that truck for driving range target practice?
                      1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

• Originally posted by 4king View Post

The chains and guides only fail on the early Ecotecs, and that is from a piss poor tensioner design, which got revised after 05.

I can believe it, my sisters 07 kia spectra had 255K miles on the original timing belt, accessory belts, and oil filter. Shit, the damned thing is still on the original transmission fluid and filter.

I've encountered more fucking piece of shit hondas than any one man should have to.

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                        Most 4cly shitboxes are in that category, idiots get them because they are cheap. Most any car can reach those miles if they are properly maintained. Again, sisters 07 Kia has 300K on it now, still kicking.

Originally posted by beefed88 View Post
                        You make absolutely no sense. The only places i see cavaliers and cobalts are at the junk yard or in the trailer park. There is a reason for that.
                        Being a car dealer, I see volume. I've had more damned problems with hondas than I ever have Cavaliers.

Comment

I can believe it, my sisters 07 kia spectra had 255K miles on the original timing belt, accessory belts, and oil filter. Shit, the damned thing is still on the original transmission fluid and filter.

Again, sisters 07 Kia has 300K on it now, still kicking.

Well Kia ain't what it used to be. It has come up in the world. Same for Hyundai. I remember when you didn't buy those cars for your worst enemy, and now they're everywhere.

As for the transmission fluid, I can't remember but... aren't there certain modern automatics where you are never supposed to change the fluid? To me that seems like a magical scam, but iirc that's the way some of them are nowadays.
                          WH

Comment

Well Kia ain't what it used to be. It has come up in the world. Same for Hyundai. I remember when you didn't buy those cars for your worst enemy, and now they're everywhere.

As for the transmission fluid, I can't remember but... aren't there certain modern automatics where you are never supposed to change the fluid? To me that seems like a magical scam, but iirc that's the way some of them are nowadays.
                            That not changing fluid is bs. Of course the fluid is going to breakdown and then take the transmission out.

CN

Comment

• Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
                              Did someone use the hood off that truck for driving range target practice?
                              It got hit back in April in the first hail storm. Luckily only the hood/roof took a beating.

Comment

04+ Kia got really good. If I was going to drive any 4cyl shitbox, it would be a kia.

Any trans fluid will break down eventually. I really don't want to change it, I've killed transmissions like that before.

Comment

Working...
                                X