Craigslist stories, deals, and whores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
    Always had a mistrust of online and regular car auctions. You may have something there, with saying their fixed. I've bid two times at lone star online, and twice I was outbid. Both times, the next day they called me up and said that the winning bidder didn't pay. And asked me if I would like to buy the car for my final bid. So I did something similar to what I've seen dealers do at the auto auctions... told em that since I lost, I've since spent that money on another car.

And if they want me to buy it, we've got to reneg on the price. I can now only pay half my winning bid. Both times she said she'd have to go talk to her supervisor. Sketchy. Cause they could very easily have their own little account, and once they see that there is some interest in the car, go ahead and start trying to raise the price. With many of these auctions the higher a car sells for, the more they get paid.

I'm sure you're familiar with this part; its also pretty shady the way the auctioneer talks at the auctions imo. Like an overdosing crackhead with tourettes syndrome. Which is an effort to confuse and try to deceive you into thinking they already have bids and if you don't hurry you'll miss out.
    i think it's called ghost bidding

Comment

• Originally posted by kingjason View Post
      I have been lucky on my out of town meets. They have always went fairly smooth.
      All my online transactions have gone smoothly, most from members here and on Craigslist. One guy on CL did have some wheels and tires for sale and was in Rockwall, I was on my way to rent a truck and drive out. Same shit as you, talking to the guy for a few days, never even jew'd in him down on the price, I even said if you sell them before I can come and get them don't wait on me.
      The day I could go and get them, I called if they were still available, he sez yes come and get them, I was like OK leaving my home will be there in about an hour or so depending on traffic. He sends a text 15 mins. later that he sold them, I was pissed! I had just got to the desk to rent the truck, so at least I didn't pay for that.
      The next day he sends me a text that the guy that promised him more money and was around the corner didn't show up, I called that moron and told him that's what he gets for being greedy, I said I was on my way and you wasted my time and lost a sale, enjoy your wheels asshole!
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Not sure if this has been covered- seems now everyone who is trying to sail their shit is saying they need to sell because of sick ____________, or to cover medical costs. Brilliant.

Comment

• About to sell the 8" rear end out of my 66 any minute. I'll let you know if I get screwed, lol

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
            Not sure if this has been covered- seems now everyone who is trying to sail their shit is saying they need to sell because of sick ____________, or to cover medical costs. Brilliant.
            I have been buying classic parts from a guy in Fort Worth for 10 years. Ever ad says his wife has been diagnosed with cancer, need to sell everything.

His inventory changes every month and he isn't married.

Comment

Not sure if this has been covered- seems now everyone who is trying to sail their shit is saying they need to sell because of sick ____________, or to cover medical costs. Brilliant.
              Last 2 craigslist items I had the buyer was trying to talk me down for BS reasons. One "because my car got hail damage last week" and another for "I have a lot of hospital bills right now." Which If I was selling something vital maybe I would get but I was selling hobby stuff.
              1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
              1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
              2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Comment

• Anyone looking for one of these ?

Its near me and other than needing a quick bath its nice ..

$3500

Comment

• Damnit! I want it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dad View Post
                    Anyone looking for one of these ?

Its near me and other than needing a quick bath its nice ..

$3500

Not bad. South Dakota ehh.
                    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• Near Sioux Falls .. it is really clean ,not mine ..just seen he parked it out there with a for sale sign

Comment

• Id but that in a heartbeat!

Comment

People have to make up dumbass excuses, because dumbass people ask dumbass questions. Which sounds better?

"Why are you selling it?" Well, even if it was a lemon that sucked my bank account dry, I'm sure as shit not going to tell you. Why I'm selling it isn't your concern, just come out and decide for yourself.

"Why are you selling it?" I have medical bills to pay.

Comment

• That shitpile could be a decent LX in a weekend.

Comment

Working...
                            X