Craigslist stories, deals, and whores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
    A car with only 25k miles should still look great if it was taken care of.
    25 k isn't 20 years.
    Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

• Originally posted by petyweestraw View Post
      25 k isn't 20 years.
      ?????? The ad says 93 cobra(it is now 2013 making it 20 years) and 25xxx miles( it has 25k miles). Iy hasn't been driven much so it hasn't had a lot of time outside unless he didn't keep it in the garage. With 25k miles there is no reason the paint should be bad unless he kept it outside.
      Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
      It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben G View Post
        ?????? The ad says 93 cobra(it is now 2013 making it 20 years) and 25xxx miles( it has 25k miles). Iy hasn't been driven much so it hasn't had a lot of time outside unless he didn't keep it in the garage. With 25k miles there is no reason the paint should be bad unless he kept it outside.
        You said it yourself, mileage and manner of storage are mutually exclusive. The only way to know is to ask the guy, could've been kept outside for a good while, been in a fender bender, or joking aside, been parked somewhere where it got coated in "tree pee" or something of that nature.

Comment

• I am unfamiliar with this concept

Recycle you gun and ammo to scrap metal (635/I35)
          image 1 image 2
          Recycle you unwanted firearms and amo, , They are not re-sold, repaired or used for parts. They will be destroyed for scrap metal.
          Certificate of destruction issued.

Contact David
          214-616-SIX NINE ZERO NINE
          Last edited by Forever_frost; 03-18-2013, 07:25 PM.
          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• Your ManTruck Has Arrived

Don't bring the wife or girlfriend on this shopping trip, they'll just talk you out of it! But what do they care? They have their mini vans, and their manicures......your kids got their xboxes and ipads. But this ain't their truck.....this is YOUR truck!!! I'm talking 4 wheel drive, I'm talking 1984, you remember, don't you? Springsteen screaming out of your speakers, Madonna was fine as wine? You know what I'm talking about. This vechicle doesn't belong to the little lady and the kids. This belongs to you. It looks like a man, it smells like a man, it drives like a man. It's your turn now!

Comment

• Originally posted by forever_frost View Post
              certificate of destruction issued.
              lmao!!!!!
              Originally posted by Buzzo
              Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

• Man car shopping has sucked! One turd after another and rediculous prices. Seems EVERYONE is flipping cars. Its pissing me off cause people who really need a GOOD car cant get one cause these ass hats are buying cheap cars, fixing nothing and selling them for tripple what they bought it for! I keep seeing it with cars that I pass on due to serious issues and some ass hat buys it and doubles the price while doing nothing.

One car was in my shop. Mid 90's audi 90. Cars engine mounts were gone so bad that the engine hit the hood when reving it, timing belt was about to snap, dude put oil in the brake master so the brakes are completly shot, clutch is fried, shift forks bent, entire front end needs a rebuild, electrical issues like crazy etc etc. I said scrap it. He put it on CL for $2500 and said "Only problem is brakes are a little spongy. Car is perfect otherwise and spins the tires through third."

WTF?

Another dude comes in with an 02 VW Passat. Blown headgasket, shot turbo, bad timing belt, airbag issues, ABS issues, missfire, needs brakes and a host of other stuff. He just bought it for $1500. He decided not to have any repairs done and next day it was on ebay for $3000 saying it was a great first car and the engine ran perfect.

No wonder the van I bought Sunday I sold today so quickly. I bought it dirt cheap, fixed all its issues with OEM parts, cleaned it up and sold it for couple hundred shy of book. Had people lined up but I lost the damn key and had to have them come out and vin cut and program a new key. Couple people went for dinner while waiting and one couple waited. The ones that waited knew right away it was solid and didnt ask for a penny off.

I realize its a good way to make money but for focks sake, dont screw people over and lie or buy a problematic car for dirt cheap, sell for full book without putting some effort into making it a car worth what you are selling it for. I deal with sub $3000 cars and these are good hard working country folk that need a good reliable car, just couldnt sleep at night if I screwed one over.

I think $2600 was very fair for a 99 Montana with 100k and problem free. Sure in 10k it will need new front brakes and rear shocks but I told them it would.

Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• No kidding, everyone is flipping cars now. Assholes keep getting open title cars, because they can't/won't go get their dealer license. Geez I'm a hypocrite! lol. I am honest though, I don't try to BS people.
                  I just sold my near mint '02 cummins megacab. All factory, no issues. It's getting very VERY hard to find the older generation dodges that aren't raped, or diesel-ricers.

sigpic

Comment

• Craigslist is one of the best classifieds portal an l really like because i sell many things through craigslist and a few months ago i bought a Honda car which is so good and buy in reasonable price.

Comment

• Engrish!?
                      Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

• Originally posted by kingston250 View Post
                        Craigslist is one of the best classifieds portal an l really like because i sell many things through craigslist and a few months ago i bought a Honda car which is so good and buy in reasonable price.

Comment

• Originally posted by kingston250 View Post
                          Craigslist is one of the best classifieds portal an l really like because i sell many things through craigslist and a few months ago i bought a Honda car which is so good and buy in reasonable price.
                          Was it expensive to ship the car back to Nigeria? Oh wait, dont matter since fake money orders were used right?
                          Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
                            Man car shopping has sucked! One turd after another and rediculous prices. Seems EVERYONE is flipping cars. Its pissing me off cause people who really need a GOOD car cant get one cause these ass hats are buying cheap cars, fixing nothing and selling them for tripple what they bought it for! I keep seeing it with cars that I pass on due to serious issues and some ass hat buys it and doubles the price while doing nothing.
                            i couldn't agree more! i've seen shit vehicles with 250k miles listed for $15k on there. i always thought that no way people buy this crap!

Comment

• For you 2V guys:

I never knew there was a magnacharger for the 4.6l...beats the hell outta those stupid troktech kits (or whatever they are named).

sigpic

Comment

• If anyone finds high quality "best of craigslist" ad. Post it! Those are great, but hard to filter through.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X