No announcement yet.

Craigslist stories, deals, and whores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About a month ago I found an ad on Craigslist for 3 Nash Metropolitans for $1650, 1 was complete-roller and 1 was minus the motor, and 1 rolling shell, plus alot of extra doors, hoods, trunk lid, differential, suspension parts ect.

I though it would interesting to make an electric car out of a roller Metropolitan.

I went to go look at them and asked the guy if he would split up the deal because I only had interest in 1 of the rollers. He said he would consider it. I told him I would think of an offer to give him for 1 roller and a couple of spare parts to finish out the roller. I would get back to him over the weekend.

He called me 3 days later and said that he would take $1000 cash for the whole lot. I agreed, and the next weekend I made 3 trips with the trailer and got all the rollers and parts to my place.

I sat on them for a couple weeks, and I'm trolling CL for other activity on Craigslist. There is an ad wanting Metropolitan parts from a fellow near Tyler TX, so I contacted him.

I tell him I have the parts he's looking for and I put on a couple of prices. He ended up buying the complete-roller and an extra door. He just finished loading up Satuday morning, and the deal is done.

I paid $1000 for 3 rollers and lots of spare parts, and just finished a sale of 1 roller and a door for $1550. Got all my money back and capped off $550 in profit(minus the hauling and labor) and I still have 2 rollers and spares.

Craigslist *can* be a money maker.
    Jay Johnson
    Car hauler for hire

Comment

• Need a hood?

Chevy 1500 hood for sale. 400 obo (9zero3)480-1076

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Posting ID: 4107624689

Posted: 2013-10-03, 3:49PM CDT

email to a friend

Stevo
      Originally posted by SSMAN
      ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

• Originally posted by jayjohnson600 View Post

Craigslist *can* be a money maker.

Oh really?

Comment

• That crapy pic just makes worth even less.
          Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

• Ruined!!!

Super loud and very fast. With mods this will modestly dyno somewhere between 425-500+hp. Rare mod red interior with nice sound system. Professionally sprayed with kevlar fiber and Ferrari Blue Nart paint which makes this is a very unique car, and a complete head turner. People are constantly taking pictures and asking about it, so don't buy unless you are ready for a lot of attention.

Great gas mileage with these mods I have seen 30mpg on the highway at 80-90 mph in this car, 14-20 city

Texas blue title in hand. No pay pal please. CASH OR CHECK

Aprox 75k miles
            Aftermarket cam
            LG long tube headers
            Borla Exhaust
            Hurricane intake
            Diablo sport predator tuner
            Mod red interior
            Z06 lighted badged ash tray cover
            MP3 Aux cable
            JVC head unit
            Custom 10 inch sub box
            W6 10 inch sub
            Alpine 500 watt & 300 watt amp
            New tires 95%

Comment

• In before Rodnay comments about plasti-coat.

Stevo
              ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevo View Post
                In before Rodnay comments about plasti-coat.

Stevo
                Dude, that is bed liner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
                  Dude, that is bed liner.

Well played.

Stevo

Comment

• Originally posted by Whiteboy View Post
                    Oh really?
                    lol!

IDK, it's just fun to go buy mid-grade stuff from weird ass people
                    Originally posted by Buzzo
                    Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by stevo View Post
                      In before Rodnay comments about plasti-coat.

Stevo
                      should be able to just peel it off and have your electron blue z06 back!
                      THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

• Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
                        Dude, that is bed liner.
                        line x is black, you can get plastic dip in a variety of colors, including custom tints and hues.. have you guys ever seen this stuff in person?
                        THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

• I did some old rims, turned out pretty good

Comment

• Any pics? I've never thought of just doing the wheels!?
                            THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

• No pics but I did a buddy's wheels after he messed them up with spray paint. It looks just like satin paint.
                              Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

• Originally posted by naynay View Post
                                should be able to just peel it off and have your electron blue z06 back!
                                Fuck you are stupid.

Comment

Working...
                                X