No announcement yet.

Craigslist stories, deals, and whores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never had a problem. NEVER put your number or email address in the ad. Request and adhere to a spam filter.

I will say that I buy/sell diesel stuff, and that market is mostly good-ol-boy/redneck types, and I always meet at Bass Pro. Kinda implies that everybody is going to be armed! LOL
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

As a "guitar accumulator", I've done dozens of deals on CL. Other than poor/inaccurate descriptions, I've never had an issue. Most of my collection has come from CL, and they were all sweet deals that I could not have found anywhere else.

Comment

Bought and sold thousands upon thousands of dollars worth of stuff. Never had a single problem. Like Forrest said, never put your email or phone number in the ad. They email me, I figure out if they are someone I want to deal with and give them my number from there.

Comment

I had a deal back when I was selling some rims & tires & we agreed on a price. of course when he gets here, He starts saying their messed up & tried offering me $100 less then what we agreed on. I told him that a deal is a deal & not a penny less. He then gets all pissed & starts cussing & I went & ahead & took a step back & got my distance & said you gonna buy it or not. If not then I got shit to do & aint got time to waste arguing with you. He gave in & paid me the agreed price. BUt for a short second there I thought it was gonna come to blows.
          GOD BLESS TEXAS
          August Landscaping
          214-779-7278
          Seb's high class.
          He'll mow your grass.
          He'll kick your ass.
          And while his kidney stones pass,
          He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

I bought a Grand Cherokee in a Walmart parking lot in Waxahachie that was shady as fuck. The cargo area had broken auto glass in it and the title was signed but not in the name of the seller. He was alone so we asked him if he needed a ride and he said no, he had a relative that lived close by and just walked off. He left a half pack of Marlboro reds and some other small stuff in the console. The VIN didn't show up as stolen and he gave me the cell phone and email for the guy on the title (called before i did the deal and got voicemail but the name matched) but I was sweating it until I got it registered.

Comment

Also, if somebody emails me in text-speak?

"hey u still got ur tuner?"

no reply
              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                Also, if somebody emails me in text-speak?

"hey u still got ur tuner?"

no reply
                Or agrees on a price & is off $5 on some Head Bolts LOL
                GOD BLESS TEXAS
                August Landscaping
                214-779-7278
                Seb's high class.
                He'll mow your grass.
                He'll kick your ass.
                He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                  Was selling a new Honda 3000 Watt EU generator a few years ago and the buyer gave me 18 one hundred dollars bills 8 of which were photo copies. I told him that he could walk away without his money or he could wait for the cops. He tried to strong arm me and wound up pinned on the ground with me holding a gun in his gut. After a few brief moments of negotiations he realized that he could either leave without his cash or wait for the police; he wanted nothing to do with the police and left with my friends and I telling him that it was a pleasure doing business with him.
                  So you stole $1000 from some one that was trying to steal $800 from you? Or am I reading this wrong?

Comment

Never had an issue selling or buying items on Craigslist.

Comment

Originally posted by Buick355 View Post
                      So you stole $1000 from some one that was trying to steal $800 from you? Or am I reading this wrong?
                      He gave him options!

That's fair enough.

Comment

It would appear so. Kind of a grey ethical area, I can't say I entirely disapprove!

Comment

Were they at least good copies? I can't believe what that whole altercation must have been like...
                          Handyman, classic car and antique jukebox collector/restorer, and all around good guy.

sigpic

Comment

He didn't shoot the guy. That's called, "tough love."
                            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                              It would appear so. Kind of a grey ethical area, I can't say I entirely disapprove!
                              Sounds like he got what was coming to him
                              GOD BLESS TEXAS
                              August Landscaping
                              214-779-7278
                              Seb's high class.
                              He'll mow your grass.
                              He'll kick your ass.
                              He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                                The right thing to do would have been to get the police involved, not stooping to his level. I won't say that the guy trying to buy something with counterfeit money didn't deserve to lose the $1G but stealing from a thief is still stealing. Now, if he would have just whooped his ass, that's a different story.

Comment

Working...
                                X