No announcement yet.

Craigslist stories, deals, and whores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I am looking for a Classic B car, non molested, just a driver, her car payment is 500 bucks for an in town car. I want my old lady to drive the kids to school in a classic and kill the stupid payments. (its just a mile and I am tired of her economy car payment) Should I feel bad for this? I would have loved to be dropped off in a badass old car, no matter how beat it was. Am I crazy, or just being real?

Comment

• Bingo!! It has some sweet ass seats

Comment

• LOL, 4door Nova anyone?

Garandad died and left this pile of rat shit interior car parked next to his shit trackter after I got it home I fixed it and drove it if runs fuckinawsom I por15inged the gas tanks and cleaned the carb its the restorers fuckin dream come true straight as heck but minor stuff in one quarter panel ive wanted it but im so busy now call chris 972704 six four zero seven

Comment

• do want

Comment

• Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
            I want this one too, that looks like a really nice car for the price.

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
              I'll give you half credit, since I've heard of pvc roll cages being grabbed and moved by the tech guy.
              Back in the late 90's, there was a guy selling PVC roll cage kits for ricers.

This PVC cage is kinda cool.

Comment

• Advertised as an M5, it only has the M sport package.

im whant to send my bmw 540i with m5 package and some other mods for good deal only needs termostat or something I don't drive de car so maybe I take trades too show contact info txt only
                Ded

Comment

• Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
                  Advertised as an M5, it only has the M sport package.

I've seen a bunch of 5 series advertised that way.

Comment

• So gay, I wish it only took 1 to flag the adds. I hate people who misrepresent what they are selling because they are idiots. I've messaged many people to correct their adds.
                    One was selling a slicktop m3 coupe with cloth vaders and a bunch of other obscure OEM options like power quarter vent windows as a LTW. I corrected him and advised what he had (still worth way more that he had it advertised for). That dude still emails me questions, lol.
                    Ded

Comment

• Well here is a craigslist horror story. Bit of a read.

For several months I have been hunting for a 2000-2003 Bonneville SSEi for a daily driver. Every one I went to see was garbage so I figured I would get a 2000-2004 Audi A6 2.7 turbo instead. Ad pops up on craigslist for a silver on black SSEi for only $2300. I talk to the guy and the problems he lists are: Driver window is inop, front motor mount is bad, exhaust is very loud and has a CEL for rear O2, clear on hood is bad and there is a blemish on the bumper. I can see in the ad it has an Intense modular pulley system, Intense computer, Intense CAI and that was all stuff I wanted to do and with 120k miles the car seemed like a winner. Told him I would buy it, didn't even ask for a dollar off. Said I had $1700 on me and when the bank opens tomorrow I will get the rest. He calls back a few hours latter and says bring the $1700 and if I like the car I can have it for that. Blown away by that I hop in the Lincoln and make the 120 mile drive.
                      I get there and the car looks to be what he said it was. Then I find the other stuff. Hook up my scanner (he wasn't expecting that) and pull current codes, history codes and pending codes. Well the code is for a bad refrence signal to the FTP sensor or AC pressure sensor. No biggie. I try the sunroof and it don't work. I did specifically ask if it worked because when they don't you have to buy a new one. He acts dumbfounded and says "Well it was working". Yeah, sure. So I turn on the AC which is another part I specifically asked about and was informed it was cold but find out nope, dead. Again he says it was just working and must just need a charge. I say I have to find the leak and he says it does not leak...... yeah, I will just leave that alone.
                      I decide at $1700 car is still a good deal even though its loud as hell because he hacked off the mufflers. Car feels alright and he even says for me to punch it. I declined. Good thing because the car ran out of gas and we coasted into a gas station. He goes to throw $5 in it and grabs 87 octane. I remind him its a "Premium Only" car and with the extra 50 HP in mods that it REALLY needs super. he informs me he always ran regular. Ugh.
                      Pull out of the gas station and the steering feels funny. Get to his house and now the steering clunks really bad. He of course says it has never done that before. I look under it and see a mounting bolt has somehow fallen out of the steering rack. Luckily I had one so I threw it in. Looking at the body and interior and how well the motor ran I went ahead and bought it anyway.
                      Big Mistake.

Fill it with 93 octane and start the drive home. 30 miles latter I don't like the temperature (am running my scanner in datastream) and see 248* so I pull over. Yup, intake gasket breach. Having been through this before I don't chance it and try for a tow. 2am approaches and my roadside assistance cant get a truck and now companies want the job so I leave it at the VFW post in Waxahachi. Got ahold of my tow guy in the morning and he picked it up and brought it to me for only $200. Good deal.
                      Start working on the car yesterday and both upper and lower gaskets blew so I flush out the engine and slap in a couple heat range cooler plugs. Fix the roof, replace the window motor, change out the engine mount (wish someone in Waco sold hockey pucks as that would have been a better fix), fix the numerous broken vac lines and then proceed to pull a vac on the AC. Only I cant, gotta be a huge leak. Get the car up and see he threw in a junk yard Grand Prix compressor and those do not mate to the AC manifold ports on a Bonneville. High pressure line on the SSEi is apx 4mm larger. I call him and ask how the hell could the AC EVER have worked when there were no seals or high pressure line connections at the compressor. He of course responds with "Well it was working." Lying POS. So I install a brand new compressor and drier and the system charges fine and blows ice cold.... out of the passenger side. Driver side is hot as hell, 122* to be exact. So it also has a bad blend door actuator and those fuggers are $150.
                      Then see the rear shocks he said were a year old are in fact the OEM shocks and the air boot is gone on both so they don't work at all. Plus the tie rods are toast as are the "new" brake pads.
                      Little Mexican dude just lied his ass off on this fuggin car. I am in it over $2700 now and still need to perform another $500 in repairs.

On the upside is its solid as hell now but if all that stuff was not broken I wouldn't have paid 3k for a car with paint damage and a bad headliner. Wanna kick him in his teeth.

So that's my horror story of craigslist for this week.
                      Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
                        Well here is a craigslist horror story. Bit of a read.

/snip
                        There were plenty of warning signs that the guy you bought from was shady as fuck, but I think we have all been there for a cheap car that we REALLY want.

As a general rule, Mexican + craigslist = liar. Something about craigslist turns them into liars, every damned time I bought from a hispanic guy off craigslist, he lied about something.

Last one was a towncar that I went to look at in Forney. It was cheap and needed some cooling system work, no problem. Before I went to look at it, I asked if he had a clear texas title in hand, he said yes. Got there and told him that I wanted it and to get the title.

Then the story starts, "Oh I have it, but my sister has it and she lives in grand prairie and I can get it, just pay me now and I will have it tonight"... Yeah, no. You get me the title first and I will come back with a trailer. Bout 5 minutes later I got a call from his sister saying that she needs me to come pay $400 to get the title out of hock. I declined.

Comment

• Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
                          Well here is a craigslist horror story. Bit of a read..
                          Sounds like my experience with a fat Mexican fortune teller who sold me my 66 Mustang
                          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                            Sounds like my experience with a fat Mexican fortune teller who sold me my 66 Mustang
                            he wasn't Mexican, he was a gypsy
                            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                              he wasn't Mexican, he was a gypsy
                              He spoken Spanish/broken English, had a big Mexican flag in his window but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.
                              I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• that's rare!
                                http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Working...
                                X