Craigslist stories, deals, and whores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
    Well here is a craigslist horror story. Bit of a read.
    Based on the lies you discovered before even buying you should have walked away with a quickness, assuming there would be more. Had you done that, and that was your horror story, I would have agreed. But everything after that is 100% on you.

When I was looking for a Bronco a few years ago, we went and saw half a dozen that were clearly misrepresented. One guy listed a couple of things (all minor) that were wrong. I asked him pointedly, besides these, is there anything else that doesn't work? Nope, that's everything.

Get there and the back window is down. I ask what's up with the window? Oh, it doesn't work, but that's a cheap fix.. Ugh..

Another left his running while I was looking it over. This was after he said it ran great "and started right up every time". After my initial walk around and us chatting for a few minutes I asked him to kill the engine. He pauses for a minute, then proceeds to tell me "oh, by the way, when the truck is warm it takes a few minutes to start it up, but it's an easy fix, blah blah."

Both were an hour away, at least, but we walked very quickly on both. Several others were far from "as described". The one I finally bought had some issues the owner was up front about. If it were the first one I looked at I probably wouldn't have bought it, but after all of the other bulshit I saw, I wasn't leaving without it. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by JC316 View Post
      There were plenty of warning signs that the guy you bought from was shady as fuck, but I think we have all been there for a cheap car that we REALLY want.

The warning signs were abundant and I was stupid for ignoring them because I was sick of hunting for a nice yet cheap daily driver.

Just forgot about the title. He signed it on the front but the repo company and titlemax did not sign it. Titlemax signed on the back but no release of lien sig on the front. There are two papers with a notary stamp from each company that says they released it. I ment to go to the DMV today but was too busy and forgot. So that may be another fiasco come Monday. great, that's gonna ruin my weekend thinking about it.

Well I have the guys address, been in his home and have his work and cell number. One way or another it will be worked out even if I have to hand him the keys, title and receipt for $4000 for the NOW properly behaving car after he gives me that 4k.

Then again I talk big but will end up losing out and may have just fixed some Mexicans car for free....... I need to cancel the headliner and tint job for Monday.
      Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chili View Post
        Based on the lies you discovered before even buying you should have walked away with a quickness, assuming there would be more. Had you done that, and that was your horror story, I would have agreed. But everything after that is 100% on you.
        Oh I don't argue that. I was.... well stupid is the best way to put it.

In the last three months I have driven over 2000 miles and seen a dozen SSEi cars all around the 3k mark that were sworn to be excellent and all had at least a grand in repairs needed and many with severe rod knock.

Hell there is a white one in Dallas right now still for $2500 that looks great in pics but in person.... ugh. Plus "it runs great! I drive it every day!"
        Oh, that rod knock does not bother you?
        That's just the crank pulley and is cheap.
        While I do agree the crank pulley is bad $150 to buy and reset the computer is not exactly cheap. It is also not the source of the rod knocking sounding noise of a knocking rod.
        Bought his Lincoln Town Car instead for $1500. Nice freakin car and I sold it 23 hours latter. LOL
        Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

The warning signs were abundant and I was stupid for ignoring them because I was sick of hunting for a nice yet cheap daily driver.

Just forgot about the title. He signed it on the front but the repo company and titlemax did not sign it. Titlemax signed on the back but no release of lien sig on the front. There are two papers with a notary stamp from each company that says they released it. I ment to go to the DMV today but was too busy and forgot. So that may be another fiasco come Monday. great, that's gonna ruin my weekend thinking about it.

Well I have the guys address, been in his home and have his work and cell number. One way or another it will be worked out even if I have to hand him the keys, title and receipt for $4000 for the NOW properly behaving car after he gives me that 4k.

Then again I talk big but will end up losing out and may have just fixed some Mexicans car for free....... I need to cancel the headliner and tint job for Monday.
          I would think that you will be ok with those letters. It's been a while since I have messed with titling in my profession, but when I did, those would have been sufficient. Assuming they are dated later than the title.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chili View Post
            I would think that you will be ok with those letters. It's been a while since I have messed with titling in my profession, but when I did, those would have been sufficient. Assuming they are dated later than the title.
            This. No lien holder is going to release the title to their customer. Shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

• So my selling on craigslist story. I have had this very nice 01 Continental up for $3600. Runs and drives to perfection. Been using it every day. Low book is over 4k and high is 5500. Car has paint blemishes so I priced it low. Just had the trans rebuilt (bought it and on the way home the trans dumped its fluid) with new torque converter and stator housing and all that stuff. My deal I have through a trans company I work with only charged me $700 because I give him good deals on his cars I fix. I overhauled the AC and all kinds of stuff.
              Finaly sold that damn Continental. Just sick of people on it. Dude committed to $3200 and then saw it and nit picked EVERYTHING. Ash tray lid closes funny, arm rest lid has a 1" section where the glue let loose, headliner is dirty, leather isn't PERFECT... seriously, he wanted perfection, no rips or cracks or stains wasn't good enough I guess..... offered $2600. Told him to kick rocks. After an hour I only got $2800 but wanted the headache gone. Dude pays me, cleans off my signs and writes $5500 on it and cold AC with his number. He just called me to say the trans just said "High Temperature". Normally I would do something about it but told him the receipt is in the glove box. Call the transmission company, enjoy the car you said was for your mother.

BTW, here is the car:

Comment

• ^^ car looks pretty clean ^^

Comment

• It was. He is a car dealer and just worked me. That's why I stopped flipping cars several months ago. I want them to be mechanicly perfect before I sell them and that's time consuming and expensive then people nit pick the dumbest crap because they cant see all the new parts under the car.

Comment

It was. He is a car dealer and just worked me. That's why I stopped flipping cars several months ago. I want them to be mechanicly perfect before I sell them and that's time consuming and expensive then people nit pick the dumbest crap because they cant see all the new parts under the car.
                    IMO, you got a pretty good price for it. That was a gorgeous continental, but they just don't command the value that they did a few years ago. That guy was a dick, but unless he is willing to finance, he is never going to get $5500 for it.

I've gotten to the point that I can spot a dealer from 10 miles away and I won't give an inch. My personal favorite was a mexican tag team that offered me $1500 on an 01 Nissan Frontier with 96K miles on it.

Comment

• Thst car is ugly. Clean but ugly.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk
                      Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

• lol. I don't understand calling someone to complain about a car that you bought from them. I've had it happen twice. It's a used car, go fuck yourself. I had a guy DEMAND I come over and fix the "flickering headlights" on a '67 Mustang Coupe that I daily drove for months with no problems. He got an earful.

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
                          lol. I don't understand calling someone to complain about a car that you bought from them. I've had it happen twice. It's a used car, go fuck yourself. I had a guy DEMAND I come over and fix the "flickering headlights" on a '67 Mustang Coupe that I daily drove for months with no problems. He got an earful.
                          Yeah, and it's even worse as a dealer. With the financing, I don't mind helping out some, but with cash sales, I can't do anything. I've always been of the mindset that if I buy a car and it breaks, my fault for not checking it over good enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
                            lol. I don't understand calling someone to complain about a car that you bought from them. I've had it happen twice. It's a used car, go fuck yourself. I had a guy DEMAND I come over and fix the "flickering headlights" on a '67 Mustang Coupe that I daily drove for months with no problems. He got an earful.
                            My parents sold a truck I gave them that was in my name. I had the transmission rebuilt a year before and the paperwork was in the glovebox when it sold. The guy was gone an hour and called me cussing because it dropped the transmission. When he test drove it (three times) he launched from a full stop to WOT down the street in an 88 3/4 ton truck.

I was polite on the first two calls, gave him the number of the shop and everything. On the third he demanded I pay for a rebuild and a wrecker and on the 4th he threatened legal action. idiots.
                            I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                              My parents sold a truck I gave them that was in my name. I had the transmission rebuilt a year before and the paperwork was in the glovebox when it sold. The guy was gone an hour and called me cussing because it dropped the transmission. When he test drove it (three times) he launched from a full stop to WOT down the street in an 88 3/4 ton truck.

I was polite on the first two calls, gave him the number of the shop and everything. On the third he demanded I pay for a rebuild and a wrecker and on the 4th he threatened legal action. idiots.

Sounds like the people that bought a sunfire from me. Their "mechanic" was cold revving the engine to the limiter while in neutral, didn't want to test drive, and signed off on the car. Next day they called telling me that it drove 80 miles just fine, but the engine and transmission went out. After I wouldn't refund, they accused me of rigging it to go exactly 80 miles and that they were going to get a judge to force me to give them their money back.

Comment

• Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                                Sounds like the people that bought a sunfire from me. Their "mechanic" was cold revving the engine to the limiter while in neutral, didn't want to test drive, and signed off on the car. Next day they called telling me that it drove 80 miles just fine, but the engine and transmission went out. After I wouldn't refund, they accused me of rigging it to go exactly 80 miles and that they were going to get a judge to force me to give them their money back.
                                They told me they were going to sue me for everything I had, they were going to sue my parents and everything. I asked if they signed a bill of sale, which they had. When they said yes, I said "Read it to me."

Talk about epically pissed when they got to "As is, where is with no expressed or implied warranty."
                                I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Working...
                                X