X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder if whiteboy knows him?
    Ded

Comment

• Why in the world would anyone bid $1100 on this pile of metal?

I don't see anything left useable. Scrap metal isnt that high.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
        You did and it don't...
        OUCH! lol

Comment

• This is a black, 4-door 2002 Volkswagon Jetta TDI Turbo Diesel. We bought this in the summer of 2012 for $4,300. It had some problems with the AC and some sensors needed to be replaced (it had about 204K miles at the time). We spent $1,200 in repairs. It ran fine until a hole was knocked in the oil pan a few weeks later, and the engine ran out of oil. We tried replacing the oil pan, but the engine made unusual noises. We don't know what exactly went wrong when it ran out of oil, but the simplest way to fix it would be to replace the engine with a short block ($1,800-2,500). However, the interior of the vehicle also has some cosmetic problems and smells of mold since it has sat untouched for a couple years.

But the great part about this car is it gets 50 miles to the gallon. So driving this car will literally cut your gas bill in half. So if you drive a lot of miles, fixing this car up would easily pay for itself. We don't, and so we've decided to sell it. It will need some work, but when you're done, you'll have great gas mileage.

do NOT contact me wit

2002 Volkswagon Jetta TDI Turbo Diesel - $2000 (Big Sandy, TX)

I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
            This is a black, 4-door 2002 Volkswagon Jetta TDI Turbo Diesel. We bought this in the summer of 2012 for $4,300. It had some problems with the AC and some sensors needed to be replaced (it had about 204K miles at the time). We spent $1,200 in repairs. It ran fine until a hole was knocked in the oil pan a few weeks later, and the engine ran out of oil. We tried replacing the oil pan, but the engine made unusual noises. We don't know what exactly went wrong when it ran out of oil, but the simplest way to fix it would be to replace the engine with a short block ($1,800-2,500). However, the interior of the vehicle also has some cosmetic problems and smells of mold since it has sat untouched for a couple years.

But the great part about this car is it gets 50 miles to the gallon. So driving this car will literally cut your gas bill in half. So if you drive a lot of miles, fixing this car up would easily pay for itself. We don't, and so we've decided to sell it. It will need some work, but when you're done, you'll have great gas mileage.

do NOT contact me wit

2002 Volkswagon Jetta TDI Turbo Diesel - $2000 (Big Sandy, TX)

http://easttexas.craigslist.org/pts/4481954835.html
            I wonder if the mold smell covers the Volksmagon crayon smell?

Comment

• That car is worth whatever scrap value is.

Comment

• Not a CL deal, but I just bought a Kennedy Machinist's Top 8 drawer box about 1/2 full of
                machinist tools for $5.00 at a local garage sale... Damn thing must weigh about 60 lbs as I had to carry it to my car from the back yard of the guy's house.

mardyn
                Last edited by mardyn; 05-29-2014, 02:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mardyn View Post
                  Not a CL deal, but I just bought a Kennedy Machinist's Top 10 drawer box about 1/2 full of
                  machinist tools for $5.00 at a local garage sale... Damn thing must weigh about 60 lbs as I had to carry it to my car from the back yard of the guys' house.

mardyn
                  damn
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by mardyn View Post
                    Not a CL deal, but I just bought a Kennedy Machinist's Top 10 drawer box about 1/2 full of
                    machinist tools for $5.00 at a local garage sale... Damn thing must weigh about 60 lbs as I had to carry it to my car from the back yard of the guy's house.

mardyn
                    I never find cool garage sales like that. Geez, the box alone is worth some coin.

Comment

• Dude was asking $10.00 but I got him to throw it in for an extra $5. 'cause I was buying some other tooling and supplies...

I just can't pass up a good deal, even if I really don't need it...

Heck, I've already had $5.00 worth of fun just telling y'all about it.

mardyn

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted View Post
                        I wonder if the mold smell covers the Volksmagon crayon smell?
                        When I met my wife she was driving a 01 jetta and I swore that fucker smelled like crayons. She never believed me. I didn't know that was a VW thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shorty View Post
                          When I met my wife she was driving a 01 jetta and I swore that fucker smelled like crayons. She never believed me. I didn't know that was a VW thing.
                          Ex wife had an 02 1.8T, and it also smelled like Crayons.
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• I never noted the crayon smell, but now that y'all mention it all the VWs I've owned smelled like them lol
                            Originally posted by Buzzo
                            Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by crapstang View Post
                              I never noted the crayon smell, but now that y'all mention it all the VWs I've owned smelled like them lol
                              Yep, the crayon smell. They all smell like that.
                              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by crapstang View Post
                                I never noted the crayon smell, but now that y'all mention it all the VWs I've owned smelled like them lol
                                meanwhile, you just mentioned that you've owned a bunch of VW's
                                http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Working...
                                X