Craigslist stories, deals, and whores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
    I guess the people that use e-mail aren't relying on making sales to make money. With the type of volume that I move, there is no way I can rely strictly on e-mail.

I make 5-10 sales a week. I'd say 80% of my business is referrals. I can't keep enough product on hand as it is. I only prefer to deal with intelligent people who know how to read an ad thoroughly and how to reply to said ad and who speak intelligently. They tend to bring a lot more referral business than morons.

If somebody emails me, it comes across my phone and I can call them immediately. It's not really any different than a text, but I can screen much better.
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
      I feel like the ones that wont give out their info have something to hide. I may be overly paranoid about it.
      It sounds like you're talking about buying more than selling... I'm the paranoid one when selling. I want to be able to screen everybody who contacts me. If they're too paranoid to email? Oh well, plenty of people who will.

I have multiple email addresses to reply to ads with. I don't see the breach there.

Comment

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
        I never give my number as well. Email me your info is what I always say in the ad. Hasn't kept me from selling anything. I list my number, even spelled out numbers, and the phone gets spam and calls in the middle of the night.

Too many ass hats out there on CL so everyone suffers.
        I've never had any problems with spam calls/texts or unreasonably timed calls.
        Originally posted by Buzzo
        Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crapstang View Post
          me neither

Comment

Originally posted by crapstang View Post
            Give me your number.

Comment

940-372-1003

sigpic

Comment

Buying/selling is one thing, but you have to be one desperate person to list any rentals on CL. I learned my lesson. Geez the people I dealt with.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                  It sounds like you're talking about buying more than selling... I'm the paranoid one when selling. I want to be able to screen everybody who contacts me. If they're too paranoid to email? Oh well, plenty of people who will.

I have multiple email addresses to reply to ads with. I don't see the breach there.
                  I am paranoid as hell when I am buying, I am the one taking all of the risk. I am the one coming to where you tell me to and I have cash on me. When I am selling, I am on my turf, so I am not the least bit paranoid.

Comment

when I'm buying or selling, I'm meeting on neutral ground. I prefer Bass Pro. Pretty much implies everybody's armed

we all have our rules/methods... if something works for you? stick with it. But it sounds like we'll never be dealing with each other! LOL

Comment

• I dunno, my way has worked for me so far so why fix something that is not broken. I will continue to not list my number on CL.

So here was an interesting CL thing to happen for me today. I had an MB Quart 10" sub in a custom Chevy truck box for sale for almost three months. I paid $130 for it brand new, put maybe 20 hours on it and bought something larger. Put it on CL at $60 and only got many lowball $20 offers. So a dude emails me and asks if I wanna trade for a pair of 6 month old JL Audio 12" subs in a custom tuned ported box. I figure its BS but the dude showes up in a very clean 99 CamaroSS and straight up trades. I ask him several times that hes sure he wants to do this cause hes getting the short end of the stick by a large margin. He still wants to trade. The JLs work perfect and look brand new so I swap. He didnt even want the custom truck box.
                      I feel really bad for the dude cause as he was installing the MBQuart in the custom Camaro box he slipped and ran the drill bit through the cones surround.

I also just scored a one owner Caddy Deville with 78k on it for dirt cheap. Pretty sure my trucks alarm was more expensive. Thanks CL!
                      Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• I have never been spammed by posting up my cell phone number or email address. However when I sell items I don't ask for give me cash now prices, I price my stuff at fair market retail and I want to sell it as fast as possible to turn a reasonable profit

Now if you are selling a vehicle for under $2000 I completely understand the email buffer. I could literally wake up to 10 new text messages from people asking for me to do payments, or take trades, or ask if the car was still for sale. if it was under the vehicle poverty line of 3 grand (people who can't afford cars but need a car) I would get shit loads of spam

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted View Post
                          I bought a Mountain Bike off CL yesterday. The guy originally emailed me yesterday morning saying he had a few people coming to look. He then texted me back a few hours later saying the bike was mine if I wanted it. He said 3 others had verified they were coming, and never shown up.
                          What'd you buy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Buick355 View Post
                            What'd you buy?
                            Nothin special. Its a GT All terra that was well within what I wanted to spend to start out, and get out off my lazy ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post

I also just scored a one owner Caddy Deville with 78k on it for dirt cheap. Pretty sure my trucks alarm was more expensive. Thanks CL!
                              How much are you asking for the Caddy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Swamp Donkey View Post
                                How much are you asking for the Caddy?
                                x2

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X