Gotta love stupid laws / govt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by talisman View Post
    In other somewhat related news, I found out today that our company is reversing it's long time policy of trying to have a 60/40 ft/pt mix in stores due to the health care reform. We will now being trying to achieve 60/40 pt/ft. Where I used to be able to hire a new FTer with minimal input from my boss, now HIS boss must approve ANY FT new hires. People are going to have to start working two jobs to make ends meet, which is going to be a neat trick since a lot of them can't find ONE job right now. I just can't even believe this shit.
    This shit is getting scary. I'm not normally a tin-foil hat kind of person, but I'm not going to lie...I bought a few rolls in case I need to make a couple.
    Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
    Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
    Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
    You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

I know that deer can be very dangerous, but this is fucking stupid. Taking in wild animals reminds me of something. Couple of years back I was doing freelance electronics repair, fixing computers, wiring home theaters, etc. I went to this guys house and he made frost look completely normal. Gated fence, CC TV, guns all over the house, 5 locks on the door, spot lights, etc. Just talking with the guy you could tell that he was a few fries short of a happy meal, so I just wanted to fix his problem and get the hell out.

Set my tools down and out from the bedroom a full blood timber wolf came strolling out. Seems that this guy was a truck driver and hit it's mom, so he took it in as a pup. Said he had to fight like hell to keep it, got a bunch of permits for it and what not. Even though it was raised from a pup, it was still a wild animal, completely different behavior from a dog. Both majestic and terrifying at the same time. But hey, who can say that they got to pet a wolf?

Comment

Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
        Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
        Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
        You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
          I know that deer can be very dangerous, but this is fucking stupid. Taking in wild animals reminds me of something. Couple of years back I was doing freelance electronics repair, fixing computers, wiring home theaters, etc. I went to this guys house and he made frost look completely normal. Gated fence, CC TV, guns all over the house, 5 locks on the door, spot lights, etc. Just talking with the guy you could tell that he was a few fries short of a happy meal, so I just wanted to fix his problem and get the hell out.

Set my tools down and out from the bedroom a full blood timber wolf came strolling out. Seems that this guy was a truck driver and hit it's mom, so he took it in as a pup. Said he had to fight like hell to keep it, got a bunch of permits for it and what not. Even though it was raised from a pup, it was still a wild animal, completely different behavior from a dog. Both majestic and terrifying at the same time. But hey, who can say that they got to pet a wolf?
          We used to train our Labs with a pro trainer who had several wolves, and some hybrids. It was a strange feeling when they locked eyes with you.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
            We used to train our Labs with a pro trainer who had several wolves, and some hybrids. It was a strange feeling when they locked eyes with you.
            Yeah, that stare at you like you're lunch look. Suckers have a set of chompers on them too.

Comment

When I lived in WA back in the early 90's my dad got a pup from a German Shepard breeder whose female had bred with a wolf (she was kept in an open top, fenced kennel, and according to the guy the wolf must have had jumped over the fencing). It was an outside dog for us, and could be somewhat aggressive with strangers, but living in the country it was perfect.

He was very protective of our family and met every visitors' car at the bottom of our long gravel driveway and ran along side them all the way up the hill. One time my dad and I were outside working and he followed a car with two strangers all the way up to our carport. Once they stopped he jumped up on their hood, Kujo style, barking and growling. lol

As the driver got out of the car I was holding him back by his collar. The guys says "it's ok, I like dogs." My dad was like "no, it's not ok, he will bite you." The look on the guys face was priceless.

That damn dog used to bring home all sorts of small animals it had killed. Mostly rabbits. Unfortunately, he was poisoned (most likely by drinking antifreeze according to the vet) and we had to put him down.

Comment

If they want a pet deer they need to put up atleast a 8 foot fence and buy one from a breeder. They are cool as hell tamed. Bucks you still have to be carefull with especially in rutt time. There are a ton of rules in deer farming.

As much as I hate to say it nature should have taken its corse with that fawn.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                  When I lived in WA back in the early 90's my dad got a pup from a German Shepard breeder whose female had bred with a wolf (she was kept in an open top, fenced kennel, and according to the guy the wolf must have had jumped over the fencing). It was an outside dog for us, and could be somewhat aggressive with strangers, but living in the country it was perfect.

He was very protective of our family and met every visitors' car at the bottom of our long gravel driveway and ran along side them all the way up the hill. One time my dad and I were outside working and he followed a car with two strangers all the way up to our carport. Once they stopped he jumped up on their hood, Kujo style, barking and growling. lol

As the driver got out of the car I was holding him back by his collar. The guys says "it's ok, I like dogs." My dad was like "no, it's not ok, he will bite you." The look on the guys face was priceless.

That damn dog used to bring home all sorts of small animals it had killed. Mostly rabbits. Unfortunately, he was poisoned (most likely by drinking antifreeze according to the vet) and we had to put him down.
                  See this animal wasn't aggressive at all, the owner said that it was extremely unusual for him to even come out with people around. It just had this demeanor of "is today the day that I eat the cable repair guy?". He had an issue with neighbors trying to poison it, said they were scared of it.

Comment

See this animal wasn't aggressive at all, the owner said that it was extremely unusual for him to even come out with people around. It just had this demeanor of "is today the day that I eat the cable repair guy?". He had an issue with neighbors trying to poison it, said they were scared of it.
                    They are probably right to be a bit scared. You never know what may set off a wild animal like that, even if raised in captivity. Nothing may ever happen, but you never know. There have been plenty of animal attacks by supposedly tame animals, against their trainers / handlers / owners.

That's not to say they should be trying to poison it, mind you, but staying aware is definitely warranted.

Comment

This shit is just starting now that Owebama can't get re-elected.
                      Originally posted by racrguy
                      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                      Originally posted by racrguy
                      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                        Someone post the "Zero Dark Ethanol" story from today's Wall Street Journal, it makes this look like nothing.
                        Read it, and yes it does.

Same thing happened to a neighbor years back. They found a baby beside it's mom, which had been hit and killed by a car. Saved it's life, then the crazy neighbor got pissed that they saw through her and were supporting me, and turned them in.

She also poisoned their goat with antifreeze at the same time.

Game warden came out, made them give it up to a preserve.

FTG!
                        www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Speaking of fuel...

http://dailycaller.com/2012/07/30/go...ey-green-fuel/

The writer is a friend and former coworker.

The U.S. faces significant National Security challenges.

Iran’s nuclear ambitions are anything but state secrets. Its leaders’ desire to defy us and our allies is creating regional instability that will compound should Iran make good on its threat to close the Strait of Hormuz.

Considering that our nation and military run predominately on oil, this instability could have dramatic economic and security impacts on the United States. America is far from being Energy independent, and we wear our overreliance on foreign oil around our neck like a boat anchor.

It is clear, then, that the federal government must dispense with political maneuvering and pursue policies that will secure our energy future. With a potential Middle East political crisis on the horizon, our priorities must be crystal clear.

That is perhaps what is most disturbing about the Department of Defense’s recent purchase and delivery of 450,000 gallons of alternative “green” fuel to use in Navy ships and aircraft. The price of that fuel: $27 per gallon. That number is not a misprint — The Pentagon paid nearly $30 per gallon for those 450,000 gallons of renewable fuel, even though marine diesel fuel could easily have been purchased at less than $3.50 per gallon.

In today’s fiscally challenging environment, American taxpayers deserve an answer to the most obvious question: Why on earth would we pay nearly eight times the going cost of fuel, particularly when such a purchase has little or no effect on our national defense?

Our politicians — Democrats and Republicans — have done little to address the danger of our dependency on foreign oil. Too often, solutions to this serious problem are used as fodder for campaign advertisements and one-liners. The Navy’s recent purchase of “green” energy is but the latest example.

The U.S. military — the largest consumer of oil in the country — is leading the way in testing and certifying fuel alternatives. Strategically speaking, the military should be looking for better ways to provide the fuels our ships, tanks and jets use on a daily basis. Advanced biofuels could be one investment for the Navy to consider. But paying nearly $30 per gallon for green energy is simply unacceptable.

This is especially true now. With our National Debt at more than $15.8 trillion, the federal government is rightly seeking ways to rein in excessive spending. One potential, yet ill-advised, solution is a package of across-the-board defense cuts known as sequestration.

Several major defense contractors have already indicated that looming program cuts resulting from sequestration may require them to hand out tens of thousands of pink slips. In a recent report, George Mason University professor Stephen Fuller predicted that sequestration would cost the U.S. economy some 2.14 million jobs next year alone.

Which brings us back to the Navy’s $30 per gallon biofuels.

The best way to stave off the defense sequestration ax is for members of Congress to take out a budget scalpel and rid the defense budget of unnecessary expenditures. The Navy’s superfluous spending on green fuel is a good place to start.

There is virtually no way to defend the Navy’s biofuels program at a time when the federal government must make every defense dollar count. As Senator John McCain has said, “adopting a ‘green agenda’ for national defense of course is a terrible misplacement of priorities.” Common sense tells us what we need to do: pay the bills we have and not incur additional costs by overpaying for green fuel for the Department of Defense.

If this misguided Defense Spending continues, our leaders in Washington will sail the U.S.S. National Economy over a financial cliff of Grand Canyon proportions. Make no mistake: There will be a very loud and painful thud when that ship hits the bottom of the canyon. Real American lives and businesses will be hurt.

Randy Duncan is a retired Navy captain who served at the Defense Missile and Space Intelligence Center and the Defense Intelligence Agency.
                          sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                          17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                          13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                          86 SVO - Sold
                          '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                          01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                          65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                            This shit is just starting now that Owebama can't get re-elected.
                            He's on TV right now saying that NOW is the time to shove immigration reform down our throats.

Bye bye mid term elections in two years, we're going to lose our asses.
                            www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Mid-term elections scare the Hell out of both Senators & Representatives. They won't show too much down our throats until after that. It's the last two years of his reign we need to be worried about, not the first two years.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kimmypie View Post
                                Mid-term elections scare the Hell out of both Senators & Representatives. They won't shove too much down our throats until after that. It's the last two years of his reign we need to be worried about, not the first two years.
                                If that's the case, we need to go ahead and put our heads between our knees and start kissing our asses good bye now. Between whatever they end up shoving down our throats on guns and this will greatly impact our country for quite some time to come. I question how it could remain the same...
                                www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Working...
                                X