It's a shame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sosoe View Post
    Ok, should have added more water to raise up the ship and then move it.
    I had a WTF moment on this one.

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
    sounds easy, lets try that!
    Chuckled at this one.

Originally posted by Frank View Post
    I bet a Cummins could pull it out of there.
    And straight busted out laughing on this one.

Comment

The Navy is blaming bad maps. Maybe not anyone's fault on board.

The ship was apparently badly damaged. It's not like they're sacrificing a perfectly good ship to save the reef.

Comment

Originally posted by sosoe View Post
        Ok, should have added more water to raise up the ship and then move it.
        From what I read global warming should take care of that in a few years.
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Im Not a tree loving hippie at all, but our ocean ecosystem is very important to our life on land.

I hope they can get it out of there without damaging the reef much more. It take a loooooong time for a reef to bounce back if it even does.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
            Im Not a tree loving hippie at all, but our ocean ecosystem is very important to our life on land.

I hope they can get it out of there without damaging the reef much more. It take a loooooong time for a reef to bounce back if it even does.
            I was watching a show on Discovery about this not long ago, where they are "farming" corral, and transplanting it to damaged and dying reefs. The stuff grows pretty damn fast actually, assuming it didn't totally die, I'd imagine it'll be back to good in a few years.

Sucks that it happened, but it's not like they killed off miles of the reef.

Comment

Originally posted by Markus View Post
              One can say the same thing about your post! It pisses me off to see you disrespecting a sailor in the NAVY because of your love towards a reef. It makes my blood boil and head spin to read a comment from someone who disrespects the US Military. Shouldn't you be on the ilovehippies.com or savethereefs.com with your comments. Beat it, kid !

EN2
              You might be retarded. They were warned by radio not to go that way by the Philippine park service, and they kept going.... straight into the reef.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                I was watching a show on Discovery about this not long ago, where they are "farming" corral, and transplanting it to damaged and dying reefs. The stuff grows pretty damn fast actually, assuming it didn't totally die, I'd imagine it'll be back to good in a few years.
                Not quite. Having a saltwater aquarium taught me the stuff you want grows VERY slowly, and the stuff you don't multiplies daily. And the whole point of that show was coral is dieing off due to temp increases in the ocean - which is why they are farming coral to try to supplement it.

One of my good friends actually started an aquaculture business (http://www.lonestaraquaculture.com/) but it's to supply pet stores, not Oceans.
                DamonH

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                  You might be retarded. They were warned by radio not to go that way by the Philippine park service, and they kept going.... straight into the reef.
                  Yo Mamma is retarded ! It also said that there maps had a graphical error on them, which now have been corrected.

Not trying to defend their action, I'm only saying the Sailor navigating the ship is not an idiot. Maybe the Captian or XO "Officers" but not the Sailor or crewmen "Enlisted".

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                    Reminds me of
                    "We are the US Navy we will not change our course"
                    "I am a Lighthouse"
                    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by Markus View Post
                      One can say the same thing about your post! It pisses me off to see you disrespecting a sailor in the NAVY because of your love towards a reef. It makes my blood boil and head spin to read a comment from someone who disrespects the US Military. Shouldn't you be on the ilovehippies.com or savethereefs.com with your comments. Beat it, kid !

EN2

Someone needs a nap.

Comment

Working...
                      X