Tax question/CPA's in here..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tax question/CPA's in here..

My buddy was on Unemployment for all of last year...he said he was getting about $850 check every two weeks...any-how is back to work as of last week. Does he have to file his taxes for last year? Will he end up owning money? Anyone came across this before?

Thanks in advance...
    Originally posted by Da Prez
    Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
    Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

If your buddy elected to receive the unemployment money pre-tax, then yes, he will pay taxes on it. If he elected to receive his funds post tax, then he will need to report the income on his return but he will not pay taxes on that money.

I was unemployed, did not get enough post tax so I opted for pre-tax. Well, it helped but I also had to pay a little back last year, which is the first time I have ever owed money
    <---not a baller
    Originally posted by Sean88gt
    You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
    Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
    You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Yes, it's taxable. He should get a 1099 or something to that effect. He will need to file a return and report that income. Depending on his deductions, etc., he will likely owe at least a little tax on that income.
      Ford
      GM
      Toyota
      VAG

Comment

Thanks Guys...I knew someone here would have the answer!...I will let him know.
        Originally posted by Da Prez
        Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
        Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Working...
        X