Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 04 Mach 1 or 04 Cobra

I did a quick search and found this Mach 1 or 99-01 Cobra

Im looking into getting another weekend car in probably 6 months (saving now). I have looked into both and seems there are different answers out there.

What would be a better choice. I have been looking at auctions and Cobra coupes never seem to go through but the ones that do seems to fall between the 17k-20k. Again that is at auction. Mach1s are closer to the 12k-14k mark. Again I never see Cobras (coupe) go through auction (Manhiem) and looking at dealerships they want closer to 22k for them which is over my limit.

Is the extra money for a Cobra worth it? From what I understand the motors are forged and can hold 700hp or so while Mach 1s hit there limit around 440hp. I have also read that the motors are identical except Cobra has supercharger and a 6sp.

03/04 Cobras are ridiculously overpriced considering what is out there now. Either way you're paying a lot of money for a 10 year old car.

Comment

Cobra, low mileage and stock is the only way I'd go. Sounds like they're priced way too high. I sold mine in '09 for $20k and it had 520/550 power and 60k miles. I'd think they'd be worth 20-30 percent less by now, but they are unique.

Comment

If they are running whipples, KBs, or turbos with fuel system (e85, return etc.) upgrades and the works then I think you will still see them selling for mid 20's which doesn't seem like a bad deal to me at all for the what you are getting. You just don't know who has beat the crap out of theirs and who has not.
        1993 Vibrant Red Cobra #1741.

If you want more inches - Stroke it!!!

Comment

lol, if it has all that shit on it, it has been beaten on. People don't spend that kind of coin so they can merge more effectively onto the freeway.

Comment

When (or if) I ever finish my 91 Fox, I plan on getting a shelled v-6 SN car and do a 4V swap. If you're willing to put in the work you can save a ton of cash.
            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
            Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

C5 z06
              Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
              Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

C5 zo6 agreed, and they are easy to find

If you are really pinching pennies you can go for an fbody, very simple cars with low maintenance.

I like Mach 1's but they don't hold a candle to a cobra. Unfortunately since they are fast cars finding ones that haven't been beaten to piss and have low miles is hard to find especially at dealers

Comment

Machs and cobras are WAY overpriced. Get a new 5.0 for 10 more thousand and whup both of them.
                  If you have 30k, just buy a C6Z
                  Originally posted by Buzzo
                  Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crapstang View Post
                    Machs and cobras are WAY overpriced. Get a new 5.0 for 10 more thousand and whup both of them.
                    If you have 30k, just buy a C6Z
                    Grapevine has 2013 GT's in stock for around $26K.

Comment

turbo mach 1! but then again im biased lol.

Tesla Service Technician.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinger View Post
                        I have also read that the motors are identical except Cobra has supercharger and a 6sp.
                        Kinda. Same base, but the Mach has weaker rods and (higher compression though, 10:1 rather than 8.5:1) pistons. Auto machs have a cast crank, but manual machs have the forged cobra crank. You can find a clean mach 1 for under 10k easily, just be patient.
                        Originally posted by Buzzo
                        Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crapstang View Post
                          Kinda. Same base, but the Mach has weaker rods and (higher compression though, 10:1 rather than 8.5:1) pistons. Auto machs have a cast crank, but manual machs have the forged cobra crank. You can find a clean mach 1 for under 10k easily, just be patient.
                          Correct, all stock Mach 1 short blocks have cast connecting rods.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                            lol, if it has all that shit on it, it has been beaten on. People don't spend that kind of coin so they can merge more effectively onto the freeway.

Comment

03 cobra hands down.

Comment

Working...
                              X