are public libraries still necessary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are public libraries still necessary?

with all the tech. we have these days, other than to vote i know i havent been in years.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
    with all the tech. we have these days, other than to vote i know i havent been in years.

god bless.
    The last one I went too was full of lap-tops.

Comment

Yes they are.

Comment

Some go there for internet access, and some still prefer to read books and newspapers the old-fashioned way, and for free.

Comment

my wife plans on taking my son. It better be there.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
            my wife plans on taking my son. It better be there.
            They will enjoy it.

Comment

All those who don't drive trains need to have access to all the technology we have today.
              Originally posted by davbrucas
              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Dude, I like the library.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

We have one a block from the house and take the kids all the time. I'm trying to teach them that there are things outside of technology that provide entertainment, education, and so forth.

Comment

You can't read anyway.
                    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                    dont downshift!!
                    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

I never went much, but the wife goes all the time. Now that she has a tablet she can download books from them.

There is something about holding a book/magazine in your hands and turning the page.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                        We have one a block from the house and take the kids all the time. I'm trying to teach them that there are things outside of technology that provide entertainment, education, and so forth.
                        I like the way you rock your pimp hand, Sean.

I've banned phones from the dinner table, during TV time (movies, sporting events) at my house. I get any lip and I will put my brass headed Snap-On hammer to those phones I paid for.
                        Originally posted by Silverback
                        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I take my daughter about once a month. She loves it.

<-- has no use for one otherwise...

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                            I've banned phones from the dinner table, during TV time (movies, sporting events) at my house. I get any lip and I will put my brass headed Snap-On hammer to those phones I paid for.
                            Looks like there are a few of us that think this way. Nothing I hate worse than to see a family out for dinner and see any of them texting or talking on their phone, parents included.

recently, we saw a family out for a meal and each of the 3 kids had their own dvd player going, during dinner! family was just sitting there, not talking!

As far as the Library, I think theyll be around a while. I dont see the need for them totally disappearing. I still go for a nice quiet study place if I need one. I also still borrow a book from them from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                              I take my daughter about once a month. She loves it.

<-- has no use for one otherwise...
                              the frisco library is pretty cool too.

Comment

Working...
                              X