Maker's Mark to Be Watered down.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YOLO View Post
    I don't understand why they don't raise the price accordingly. Lowering quality isn't the way to go, if demand is outpacing supply.
    Give them a few months and they'll introduce a select/limited/original recipe/whateverthefuck 90 proof at a premium.

Comment

hey atleast they told the public other companies would have kept this a secret until someone outed them

Comment

Looks like they met more resistance then anticipated, back to 90 proof it goes

After an outpouring of outrage, Maker's Mark will resume production at 45%, just the way it has made it since the beginning.

"You spoke. We listened. And we're sincerely sorry we let you down," the company said in a statement. "While we thought we were doing what's right, this is your brand -- and you told us in large numbers to change our decision."

Comment

^^^ beat me to it. just saw that as well

Comment

I may have to start drinking Makers more regularly. They gained my respect by listening to their customers.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
              hey atleast they told the public other companies would have kept this a secret until someone outed them
              Yeah like dropping a 64oz carton of juice to 59oz. We did probably a year or so ago. I get it just like the principle. If you can't make it fast enough, open another distillery?

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
                Yeah like dropping a 64oz carton of juice to 59oz. We did probably a year or so ago. I get it just like the principle. If you can't make it fast enough, open another distillery?

Sure open another distillery then the business gets bigger but that’s a gamble no one wants to make in today's economy. Or be like Jack Daniel's and an hold all they're whiskey in reserve for when they need it. They have massive warehouses stocked to the ceiling with barrels.

Comment

Email they sent out last night, I've got a lot of respect for a company that can admit when they are wrong.

Dear Ambassador,

Since we announced our decision last week to reduce the alcohol content (ABV) of Maker’s Mark in response to supply constraints, we have heard many concerns and questions from our ambassadors and brand fans. We’re humbled by your overwhelming response and passion for Maker’s Mark. While we thought we were doing what’s right, this is your brand – and you told us in large numbers to change our decision.

You spoke. We listened. And we’re sincerely sorry we let you down.

So effective immediately, we are reversing our decision to lower the ABV of Maker’s Mark, and resuming production at 45% alcohol by volume (90 proof). Just like we’ve made it since the very beginning.

The unanticipated dramatic growth rate of Maker’s Mark is a good problem to have, and we appreciate some of you telling us you’d even put up with occasional shortages. We promise we'll deal with them as best we can, as we work to expand capacity at the distillery.

Your trust, loyalty and passion are what’s most important. We realize we can’t lose sight of that. Thanks for your honesty and for reminding us what makes Maker’s Mark, and its fans, so special.

We’ll set about getting back to bottling the handcrafted bourbon that our father/grandfather, Bill Samuels, Sr. created. Same recipe. Same production process. Same product.

As always, we will continue to let you know first about developments at the distillery. In the meantime please keep telling us what’s on your mind and come down and visit us at the distillery. It means a lot to us.

Sincerely,

Rob Samuels
                  Chief Operating Officer,
                  Ambassador-in-Chief
                  rob@makersmark.com

Bill Samuels, Jr.
                  Chairman Emeritus,
                  Ambassador-at-Large
                  bill@makersmark.com

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                    Sure open another distillery then the business gets bigger but that’s a gamble no one wants to make in today's economy. Or be like Jack Daniel's and an hold all they're whiskey in reserve for when they need it. They have massive warehouses stocked to the ceiling with barrels.
                    Ummmm, you do realize that....

Ahhh, screw it. Nevermind.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post

lmao.

Comment

Reminds me of the "New Coke" marketing ploy in the mid-'80's. Didn't work out so well for Coke.

Comment

He has no clue.
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Awesome.

Comment

their, there, they're

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                              He has no clue.