Scientists create Zombie cells.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Binky View Post
    We grew up in the Cold War - had a threat of annihilation hanging over our heads ever since we were born. Sometimes when I remember just how scared we were of the USSR I wonder if I'm exaggerating. But then I see a "Fallout Shelter" sign on an old building and I remember the nightmares, sleepless nights and the ever present propaganda that the Soviets had a sub parked right in the Gulf of Mexico with a nuclear warhead with our coordiantes on it. It was terrifying, but it was just in the background - everyone knew, but nobody talked about it - just understood and put it in the back of your mind.

So now, when we see a generation that is manufacturing its own threat to be afraid of we just don't get it. There isn't a direct threat, but todays generation doesn't want to be left out and wants something to fear. Nazi's? Pssh, Done. Aliens from Mars? eh...whatever. Nuclear Obliteration? Meh, done. Dead rising from the grave and eating our brains? OOOOO....

Have fun with it kiddos. I wonder what the generation after you is going to want to fear.
    This generation has terrorists.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
      I must be the only person on the planet thinks all this zombie nonsense that has become popular in the last couple of years is retarded. I even watched the first 2 seasons of The Walking Dead, then couldn't pretend I was interested any more.
      You're not. It's really fucking worn out at this point, and it wasn't that great to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
        This generation has terrorists.

Terrorists are nearly invisible in peoples minds as a threat, even more so now that Bin Laden got capped. Kruschev pounding his fists and threatening to crush us with the legitimate backing of a nuclear equipped army, especially as television had just become popular, would have been a bit more terrifying. 9/11 was a big deal, but there isn't a terrorist organization on the planet that could come close to completely ending life as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
          You're not. It's really fucking worn out at this point, and it wasn't that great to begin with.
          Dont forget about all the gay vampires......

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
            Dont forget about all the gay vampires......

Hollywood?

Comment

Hollywood?
              Si, just like zombies this shit is all played out and I don't know how much more of it can be crammed down peoples throats.

Comment

Killing zombies is a way for people that behave under society's norms to unleash their deepest, darkest racist desires.

Think about it. Zombies are a "race" of "people" that it's perfectly okay to hate, torture, maim, and blow away. Some people are just looking for an outlet for this pent up rage.

I immediately think of this when someone claims to be "really into" zombie flicks or games.
                When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                  Killing zombies is a way for people that behave under society's norms to unleash their deepest, darkest racist desires.

Think about it. Zombies are a "race" of "people" that it's perfectly okay to hate, torture, maim, and blow away. Some people are just looking for an outlet for this pent up rage.

I immediately think of this when someone claims to be "really into" zombie flicks or games.

Comment

I, for one, welcome our new zombie overlords...
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Speaking of the ridiculous zombie trend, I can't believe there's actually a market for Zombie ammunition. Those marketing people did a great job of spotting a market of suckers. lol

Comment

That reminds me, I'm pissed off at netflix for removing The Big Lebowski from their streaming movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                          That reminds me, I'm pissed off at netflix for removing The Big Lebowski from their streaming movies.
                          I've had it dvr'd for a long time. I'll watch bits of it here and there until it's over and then start again.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                            Speaking of the ridiculous zombie trend, I can't believe there's actually a market for Zombie ammunition. Those marketing people did a great job of spotting a market of suckers. lol
                            I bought a bunch of it, cause zombiemax was $3 cehaper than the other stuff, the only difference was the rubber dot was green instead of red.

Comment

I must be the only person on the planet thinks all this zombie nonsense that has become popular in the last couple of years is retarded. I even watched the first 2 seasons of The Walking Dead, then couldn't pretend I was interested any more.
                              I made it one season, I knew better. Arguing show with occasional zombies.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
                                I've had it dvr'd for a long time. I'll watch bits of it here and there until it's over and then start again.
                                It was one of my fall asleep movies. I'd start it, pass out, restart it where I last remembered and spread it out over about 10 days.

Greatest Kenny Rogers song ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X