Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ford releases ecoboost numbers for F150: (21/15)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
    Coming from someone that is going to be buying a 2011 f150 those numbers suck. I think I'll pass on the extra $1750 the ecoboost is going to cost. The difference in mpg between the ecoboost and the 5.0 isn't enough to offset that price difference. Not to mention the fact that dealers are going to think the ecoboost is the best thing since sliced bread and will probably want a premium for it at first. $1750 buys about 600 gallons of fuel at todays prices so I think for the 1 or 2 mpg difference I'll buy the 5.0 and use the money I saved to buy some gas.
    This isn't an engine you buy for economy alone. It is basically a cheaper alternative to a diesel engine. This is letting folks that need a lot of torque get an engine that delivers with some decent fuel economy to boot.

This is why I hope they'll eventually offer a smaller ecoboost for the F-150. Something with decent power and great fuel economy for those of us that just want a pickup for occasional hauling..

Comment

I'd bet if you were to turn the wick up a little, it'd make a ton more torque, and not give up a lot of mileage. I dig it.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
        This isn't an engine you buy for economy alone. It is basically a cheaper alternative to a diesel engine. This is letting folks that need a lot of torque get an engine that delivers with some decent fuel economy to boot.

This is why I hope they'll eventually offer a smaller ecoboost for the F-150. Something with decent power and great fuel economy for those of us that just want a pickup for occasional hauling..
        I don't see that happening. As far as Ford is concerned, there are already two engines below the EB in the lineup. The 5.0 will outsell the EB (Ford predicts it will outsell the other 3 engines combined) and the 3.7 V6 provides a damn nice base engine option. The 3.7 performs on par with GM's 5.3 V8 and offers 23 mpg.

I really don't see Ford offering 5 engines in the F150. I still can't believe they have four options, considering they've only offered two for the last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
          I don't see that happening. As far as Ford is concerned, there are already two engines below the EB in the lineup. The 5.0 will outsell the EB (Ford predicts it will outsell the other 3 engines combined) and the 3.7 V6 provides a damn nice base engine option. The 3.7 performs on par with GM's 5.3 V8 and offers 23 mpg.

I really don't see Ford offering 5 engines in the F150. I still can't believe they have four options, considering they've only offered two for the last few years.
          They're going to have to do something because right now even the base V6 F-150 is below the new fuel economy standards for 2014. Ford will have to sell A LOT of Transit Connects to make up the difference for their CAFE average.

Comment

The average car has gone up in weight because of all the bullshit that is required in order to be legal to manufacture. How many air bags, cats and other shit do we have to have now? How many miles of wiring? How many safety features to idiot proof cars?
            Originally posted by racrguy
            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
            Originally posted by racrguy
            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Working...
            X