Friends house got robbed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CJ-95GT View Post
    So if a person in a stolen car claims they borrowed it from a ficticious guy you let him go? I highly doubt it.
    In that situation person knows it was stolen, say something was given to you by your wife, gf, etc. They claimed they bought from somebody or used at a store. How would you know any better? Should you be taken to jail because you are in possession of that item?
    Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

^^^^^
      I get ya, but a cop doesn't know who is telling the truth when all those in possession of stolen property claim to be like your wife example.

Comment

So if a person in a stolen car claims they borrowed it from a ficticious guy you let him go? I highly doubt it.
        Nope. Happened to me when I was 17. Didn't let me go lol. Lesson learned.
        Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

That's not a charge of being in possession of stolen property. That's unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
            really? where does the law state that?
            possession of stolen property is a Felony
            GOD BLESS TEXAS
            August Landscaping
            214-779-7278
            Seb's high class.
            He'll mow your grass.
            He'll kick your ass.
            And while his kidney stones pass,
            He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Everytime I read this thread title, i picture some joker in a mask walking up to the house and telling it "this is a stick up"

Comment

Originally posted by SEB View Post
                possession of stolen property is a Felony
                Only if you know its stolen.

Comment

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
                  if its unknown to the person that it was stolen then no.
                  Ahh, makes sense. Thanks.
                  "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
                  -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                  X