Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what age is it Ok to let your kids cuss, not to you but between friends?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
    I told my daughter that I'm not going to try and make her not cuss, but I've always harped on the standpoint of how I raised her and how she acts in public is a reflection of that, and IF I EVER catch wind that she's embarrassing me some how by cussing retardedly or by doing something that goes against how I raised her, then having to deal with me afterwards would be far worse than her potty mouth.

In reality, my goal was to just make her not sound like an idiot. I cuss, my bother and I started cussing when I was about 11-12. I wouldn't dare cuss in front of my parents even to this day out of sheer respect, and I expect the same out of her.

Now that my daughter is 19, I know she cusses...not that I care, but I think I've instilled in her brain to not embarrass me or dissappoint me.

I guess my point is if she's going to cuss, you're not going to stop her. You just have to find a way to meet in the middle.
    How did nobody catch this?
    Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

i would explain to her that cussing with her friends is fine but to leave it off of facebook because family members might see it. ive had facebook over 5 years and doubt ive put more than 5 cusswords on there. though outside of facebook i cuss and dont even realize it.

Comment

I was raised in a rough neighborhood around some mean ass kids! I can't recall when I started cussing maybe around the age of 9. I do remember constantly getting into fights everyday after elementary school by the time I got into jr. high I was pretty good at defending myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
          Also understand.... its not child support she owes me..... its the child support that that court hasnt stopped taking from me thinking she still lives with her. Im just trying to make ends meet until court date and will show the last years worth of check stubs showing that she has taken about 500 a month from me and has not refunded any of it.... then that she claimed my daughter on her taxes costing me 2 grand, and that she hasnt paid anything of her half of my kids braces and thats another grand.
          Tell your daughter to update her status with "Mom owes Dad a bunch of fucking money, that bitch better pay up."

I'm a problem solver, what can I say.

Comment

Originally posted by dumpycapri85 View Post
            I agree . It is only ok in the bedroom .
            OK? I tell her it's mandatory!
            Photobucket

Comment

Working...
            X