2014.5 Mustang?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by talisman View Post
    While I agree, it will never happen. You already can't fit a normal sized adult in the back seat; lower the roofline and even 10 year olds won't be able to fit.
    I don't think you need to lower the height of the roof above the back seat to change the angle of the back window so that the roof meets the deck further back on the car. As an example, there's not less headroom in the back of a 69 sportsroof than there is in a 65 2+2.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
      I don't think you need to lower the height of the roof above the back seat to change the angle of the back window so that the roof meets the deck further back on the car. As an example, there's not less headroom in the back of a 69 sportsroof than there is in a 65 2+2.

Ahh, I see what you mean.

Comment

Road and Track now reporting that EcoBoost-4 is coming to US, won't be base engine.

Yesterday, Edmunds broke the news that the 2015 Ford Mustang will receive Ford's 2.3-liter EcoBoost four cylinder. It was also reported that the engine will be a Europe-only option. That's incorrect. Road & Track has confirmed that we will indeed get the 2.3-liter turbo four here in the U.S. market. Furthermore, don't bet on it being the base engine, either.

Ford precedent shows that in other cars and crossovers offering an EcoBoost mill, it's positioned as a premium upgrade, whether you're talking about the Fusion, the Escape. the Explorer, and so on. And with that in mind, the speculation can get fun. Bet on the base 305-horsepower 3.7-liter V6 sticking around as the lowest-cost entry point for Mustang buyers. That means the EcoBoost is likely to come in at over 300 horsepower, as it's unlikely Ford could otherwise sell Americans on a less powerful four-banger as an "upgrade," despite the attendant benefits related to fuel economy. The V8 will remain the range-topper in the GT, as well it should.

Hopefully, the upgraded engine lineup in the '15 Stang will bring paddle-shift automatics as well. I say this as the temporary driver of a '13 V6 with an automatic while my 06 GT gets some love at the body shop. Because a "sport" transmission mode that makes you use a rocker switch like you're in a Buick Enclave is un-sporty and unworthy of the original ponycar.

Comment

Working...
        X