Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Selling car to buyer out of state...(scam?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to sell over 20 vehicles a month exactly like how youre describing.

Send him a copy of the title, since there is a lien, to protect himself then he should send the money to the lender, not you. BUT if he wants to send you the the wire, give him your info, bank account and routing number. Wires are instant, once its credited to your account, its yours. If you have any questions feel free to send me a PM

Comment

Originally posted by dvups1 View Post
      I gave him my bank's number. He has the routing number and the loan number. The bank claims if he calls and asks if the loan is securing my vin, they will confirm and accept his payment.

The remaining amount will be sent to me.

I just need to provide him with some kind of proof that I own and have the car.

He doesn't trust me and I am leary of him.
      If he was leery about it, he'd not have sent 500 bucks as a "gift". You took a picture of the VIN plate and your insurance. I call that pretty good evidence. Could take a picture of you with a sign with his name on it with today's date and write "No more playing. Pay up or I move on."
      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by dvups1 View Post
        I gave him my bank's number. He has the routing number and the loan number. The bank claims if he calls and asks if the loan is securing my vin, they will confirm and accept his payment.

The remaining amount will be sent to me.

I just need to provide him with some kind of proof that I own and have the car.

He doesn't trust me and I am leary of him.
        oops, I didnt read that. I have a bad habit of skimming

Comment

Sounds to me to be a legit deal and he is as scared of you scamming him as you are of him.

6-25-10 RIP Chloe Rene Daddy loves you always

78 Suburban (slammed with LS in future)
          54 Olds 88 2dr HT
          12 Camaro SS convertible

Comment

Originally posted by gearhead78 View Post
            Sounds to me to be a legit deal and he is as scared of you scamming him as you are of him.
            This. Do you think if he were to call any local Ford dealer and set up an inspection, I could drive the car there and they could verify the car is legit?

Comment

Hell, tell him to pick a Ford dealership near you and call up there, talk to a service manager and set it up so you just have to pop in and let the guy contact the buyer.
              I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

It seems like a scam or even worse, a scamola...
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Well, it turned out to be legit.

The funds made it to my account and a transport is on its way to take the car to the shipping container. There will be one less Mustang in the States.

Special thanks to Buzzo for all the help.

Comment

congrats on the sale and not being scammed.

Comment

You're very welcome. Glad it all worked out

Comment

Working...
                      X