Cheapest way to ship tires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheapest way to ship tires?

I sold a couple odd ball size tires on ebay that I couldn't sell on Craigslist but now need to ship them. Anyone shipped tires before? Should I box them or will UPS/Fedex accept them taped together with a shipping label?
    2002 4.6L 5spd S281

So fast i make speedy gonzales look like regular gonzales

Originally posted by spederman View Post
    I sold a couple odd ball size tires on ebay that I couldn't sell on Craigslist but now need to ship them. Anyone shipped tires before? Should I box them or will UPS/Fedex accept them taped together with a shipping label?
    Dont box them

Comment

What's your address? Leave them by the curb and i will take care of the shipping for you.
      Originally posted by Buzzo
      Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Where are they going? I doubt fedex or ups would be your cheapest route.

Comment

Going to Detroit. I wonder if DHL is cheaper if they are still around or if usps takes something as big as tires
          2002 4.6L 5spd S281

So fast i make speedy gonzales look like regular gonzales

Comment

Originally posted by spederman View Post
            Going to Detroit. I wonder if DHL is cheaper if they are still around or if usps takes something as big as tires
            I'd look into freight shipping. Anything big is good to do through freight. I've saved thousands by doing so, especially by using my work's loading bay (the fact that you are shipping to/from a business with a way to load it saves you $350 on an engine).
            Originally posted by Buzzo
            Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Fuck using USPS and stick with UPS when shipping tires. UPS is used by Tire Rack and they send hundreds of thousands of tires. Clear duct tape at 12/3/6/9 poistions of the tires and slap a shipping labe on them.
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I used to ship tires just shrink wrapped two together at a time. Now days it is cheaper to find wheel boxes and ship them separately boxed up.
                I use FedEx and is typically ~$20 a tire.

Comment

Fedex ground shipped in pairs unless they are big mud tires or something. I do it all the time.

6-25-10 RIP Chloe Rene Daddy loves you always

78 Suburban (slammed with LS in future)
                  54 Olds 88 2dr HT
                  12 Camaro SS convertible

Comment

Go UPS, I order tires through ebay all the time and they always come by UPS. Out of at least 20 tires I have ordered in the last year I have not had another carrier deliver them. They always just have the shipping label taped to the tread of the tire and thats it.

Comment

Chopped54 is correct as I forgot to add, two tires at a time and depending on weight it should be about $16.00 us.
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                      X