Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So a taxi hit me pretty hard on 75 last night...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So a taxi hit me pretty hard on 75 last night...

Well long story short last night I was leaving north park area and not long after I was on 75 traffic slowed down to almost a stop. I always make it a habit to leave plenty of room in front of me in heavy braking situation. In the rearview I see the car still coming full steam at me. I prepare for impact and turn my wheel slightly to the right. Then BOOOM I'm launched into the wall. I though I was being flipped for second. But I was still alive just a little dazed and my truck still on so that was a good sign right.. I got off and taxi mans van was pretty much destroyed. Took him a few to climb out. Asked about ins and he claimed supervisor was on his way. Fire and Ambulance show up and check out but I felt ok since I was running on adrenaline. Cop shows up gets his ins and my ins info and makes a report and asks if I need a tow... I looked at my mountaineer... I think I can put my spare on. The back hack was sealed shut by the impact so I had to work the tire winch by hand under the truck. I changed my front passenger tire and was ready to roll. Got my report slip and cop said I was good to go.. I got hit pretty f-ing hard but this suv took the hit great and kept me safe. Even after hitting the wall and everything she drove home strait like nothing had ever happened, well except for the "door ajar" light and some wind noise coming from the rear. Well I guess it was longer than intended lol

Fast forward to today... Now am a little sore but my left knee is bothering me the most. Should I just call Ins company and let them handle it or get an accident lawyers?

Lawyer up.

Comment

Originally posted by buick355 View Post
      lawyer up.
      this.

Comment

Any recommendations on said lawyers?

Comment

Originally posted by 01svtboy View Post
          Any recommendations on said lawyers?
          Originally posted by PGreenCobra
          I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
          Originally posted by Trip McNeely
          Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
          dont downshift!!
          Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

I had an accident on 75 up in Richardson back in December also involving a taxi. I first contacted my insurance who worked with me to file again the taxi company once I got the report with all the info. Since the police showed up quick and it was during rush hour they wouldnt let me go get his info and had to wait 3-5 days for the DART police report. I drove my 07 Taurus home from it too after I cut the airbag out of the way but it was pulling. It ended up being totaled out.

Hopefully your taxi has more reputable insurance than the one I did. They were a bit of a pain in the ass to deal with but I had to hound and stay on their case the entire time but in the end they paid out fairly for it.
            2013 F150 STX Supercab 5.0L w/3.55 LSD
            1990 GT Convertible

Comment

My buddy is going to college now on a settlement he won from a Taxi accident case, I'll ask him what lawyer he used.

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
                My buddy is going to college now on a settlement he won from a Taxi accident case, I'll ask him what lawyer he used.
                Cool thanks lmk

Comment

On DFWmustangs this story is not complete without the ethnicity of the taxi driver.
                  Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                  Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
                    On DFWmustangs this story is not complete without the ethnicity of the taxi driver.
                    I'll guess African, Territory unknown

Comment

Haha how could I have left it out! Ethiopian, and his wife and daughter showed up like 5min after the accident. For a second I thought he was gonna bail in their car lol

Comment

Good luck, most of those fucks have shit insurance companies. Go through yours if you have the proper coverage and hire a lawyer.

Comment

Always lawyer up when you get hit. This shouldn't even be a question.
                          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                            Even if not in it to be rich, need to do it to make sure medical is taken care of properly.
                            Originally posted by MR EDD
                            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                              Why?

Comment

Working...
                              X