which do you use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which do you use

picked up a b2200 and need a service manual. is one better than the other?
    chilton
    0%
    haynes
    0%
    other
    0%
    they are all the same
    0%

Work the google on the internets machine.

/thread

Comment

i would rather have a paper copy when i am outside wrenching on it. haha i dont even have a computer at home

Comment

haynes, if you can find one.. probably have to order it off amazon
        THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

I buy both when available. That was no an option. Sometimes they cover the same thing differently and between them it is easier. Otherwise, I got what I could find at whatever store I was at.
          Originally posted by MR EDD
          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

i kind of think haynes manuals suck, but they are so easy to find I just deal with it.

Comment

Bently, if there is one available for your car. I had three for my dad's seven series, and it was hands down the best.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                i kind of think haynes manuals suck, but they are so easy to find I just deal with it.
                They do in some ways, but sometimes the info is easier to find since the info is usually pretty limited.

Comment

Both Chiltons and Haynes have their pros and cons. For some cars I got really serious with I'd buy both. Chiltons seems to usually have what I'm looking for, so that's how I voted.

Comment

Out of those two, my preference is Chiltons.
                    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

I have both, but I use ih8mud.com more than anything else when working on my cruiser. The field service manual is really nice too, glad it came with my truck when I got it.

Comment

Neither, I have a full warranty/service plan, and let the dealership take care of everything down to oil changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                          Neither, I have a full warranty/service plan, and let the dealership take care of everything down to oil changes.

Fucking BMW drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                            look out everybody! someone's got a car payment!!
                            THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                              Fucking BMW drivers.
                              Yeah, yeah, yeah. I've done all the bolt-ons, and when the time comes I'll be installing the blower, or turbo, if I can find a good kit (blower is alot more common).

Once I have a house later this year, I'm hoping to finally get my grandfather's one-owner '68 Firebird convertible out here, and then the fun begins.

Comment

Working...
                              X