Muffin people (breakfast on the go)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muffin people (breakfast on the go)

I have gone back and forth with this over the last few years, mainly from a viability standpoint. I consider this board to be a pretty diverse group, willing to put me in my place, and I value the collective opinion. I would love for bcoop to chime in here as I am sure he will.

Most of you have helped with the website and other business aspects. For those unfamiliar I am a home baker (cakes, cupcakes, etc). This provides for people to provide baked goods without the overhead. However, it limits the things that you can sell. Anything temperature sensitive is prohibited (cheesecake, pie, choc covered strawberries, etc). It also prevents home bakers from participating in festivals, and selling to anyone who might want to resell their product (think supplying restaurants with deserts).

I am in Greenville, I feel that with the change in our population (age shift), as well as people demanding higher quality products that a cupcake/cake shop would be a good addition to the local economy. However, I believe there would need to be the addition of other offerings to allow it to thrive (pies, cheesecake, muffins, etc). I think that morning muffins would make a solid addition to products offered, package that with coffee (either brewed in house or have the local starbuck bring in a coffee cart) and it would increase business and exposure.

So how many of you are muffin people? Regular size or jumbo? Flavor, price?

Also any comments on the overall concept idea would be great. At this point, there is no financial backing my credit is too fubar to go to a bank, I haven't sought out investors, all plans and ideas have been on the premise that if I couldn't provide the basic equipment, and pay the lease on the building on my current salary, I wasn't going to move forward.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Muffin = breakfast cupcake.

Comment

I dont walk into anywhere for breakfast, unless it is the quick trip while fueling.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Muffin tops?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
          Muffin = breakfast cupcake.
          Exactly! Same equipment different ingredients

Comment

Is that Big Matt's new tattoo?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
              Is that Big Matt's new tattoo?
              AKA Paul's new target.
              How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

I love the biscuits that have cheddar and ground sausage in them. As far as muffins go, I would eat one mid sized muffin for breakfast with coffee. My favorite muffin is cranberry/orange bran muffin.

Comment

Fuckin coffee cake/cinnamon crumble muffins FTMFW. I'd pay up to, like, $3 for a really good medium-sized one of those.

Comment

lemon/poppy seed muffins are the shit

as are the orange/cranberry

as are the honey/raisin/bran muffins

I like muffs, you can say.
                    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Blueberry is always a good stand by. I prefer the cranberry orange or a banana nut/streusel muffin. They HAVE to be really moist semi-gooey. I refuse to eat the dry crumbly muffins. I'd go with a regular size instead of a jumbo, because I never finish a jumbo one. You could also look into sausage balls as mentioned or pigs in a blanket to cater more towards men, because most men aren't going to eat a muffin.....well THAT kinda muffin anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by downshift_me View Post
                        Blueberry is always a good stand by. I prefer the cranberry orange or a banana nut/streusel muffin. They HAVE to be really moist semi-gooey. I refuse to eat the dry crumbly muffins. I'd go with a regular size instead of a jumbo, because I never finish a jumbo one. You could also look into sausage balls as mentioned or pigs in a blanket to cater more towards men, because most men aren't going to eat a muffin.....well THAT kinda muffin anyway.
                        Moist ones are better heh. Chocolate is a solid go to
                        Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                        It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

There are two primary locations for this. Either downtown or on the main drag.

Downtown:

It is a relatively dead market from a retail perspective. A bunch of empty retail locations with owners who are unwilling to budge on their outrageous rent. There are a couple of boutiques, a new restaurant, and two wineries. The wineries do well, if you are familiar with McKinney, we have a Landon's winery which has an italian bistro in it, they do extremely well. The other winery is more of a dive, open part of the week, during the evenings. People liken it to cheers as far as the atmosphere. The big draw for downtown is the courthouse, law offices, and tax offices. A premium coffee and muffin shop in the morning should do well

Main drag:
                          The benefits here are high traffic and other businesses with steady foot traffic (visibility). The down side is that this draws a premium for the lease.

The only other place I am aware of for muffins is starbucks, anyone had their muffins?

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                            There are two primary locations for this. Either downtown or on the main drag.

Downtown:

It is a relatively dead market from a retail perspective. A bunch of empty retail locations with owners who are unwilling to budge on their outrageous rent. There are a couple of boutiques, a new restaurant, and two wineries. The wineries do well, if you are familiar with McKinney, we have a Landon's winery which has an italian bistro in it, they do extremely well. The other winery is more of a dive, open part of the week, during the evenings. People liken it to cheers as far as the atmosphere. The big draw for downtown is the courthouse, law offices, and tax offices. A premium coffee and muffin shop in the morning should do well

Main drag:
                            The benefits here are high traffic and other businesses with steady foot traffic (visibility). The down side is that this draws a premium for the lease.

The only other place I am aware of for muffins is starbucks, anyone had their muffins?

Starbucks muffins are gross. We have a McKinley's on this side of town that we get muffins from regularly and they also suck. Oddly, my favorite muffins are from Albertson's or Sam's.

Comment

Also, I have never been to one, but we just had a Collin Street Bakery open up here in town. From what I hear, their products are not completely in line with mine

Comment

Working...
                              X