Insane!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insane!

I saw some pretty insane stuff this weekend. My girlfriend and I took a trip to Abilene for the state power lifting meet. My nephew qualified so we went to support him. I was a power lifter in high school, and it seems that the weights are INSANE compared to what they were when I was in school. We saw several records get broken, Kids squatting 800lbs, dead lifting 700, A kid from Pilot Point benched 700lbs!

Mark Henry's overall total record of 2000 lbs set in the early 90's was finally broken. A kid from Waco totaled 2010 lbs.

My nephew finished in 6th place in his weight class, 132 lbs in Division 3 (1A and 2A schools) with a career best total of 1085 lbs. This is his senior year so it was his last High School meet. He won his region and set the regional bench record in his weight class at 280 lbs
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Insane!

Congrats to your nephew
    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

You're not a chick?

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
        You're not a chick?
        Lmao
        Originally posted by davbrucas
        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
          Lmao
          HAHA, srry russ that was funny.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
            You're not a chick?
            Lol, WTF did you think I was a chick?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post

All the baking threads, surely.
              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

Comment

For the other bit of insanity this weekend, check out this thread in the pic/vid forum

A box of rattle snakes.... After the trip to the power lifting meet, we drove to a friends house in Keene. My girlfriend is the maid of honor in her wedding and we had a couple's shower to attend for them today. We were sitting in the living room, when everyone started running around asking if people wanted to see the

Comment

LMAO. I am just fucking with you .

Comment

Wait youre not!?!?!?!? why the hell were you flirting with me in PM!?!?!?!?

I kid, I kid, please don't mess with my balls!!!

Comment

I saw a video of that bench. It was impressive. Powerlifting meets are usually pretty boring because outside of a lifter or two you know or a team you don't really care about most of the lifts. Records and other big lifts are always entertaining though.

Comment

Originally posted by Shorty View Post
                        I saw a video of that bench. It was impressive. Powerlifting meets are usually pretty boring because outside of a lifter or two you know or a team you don't really care about most of the lifts. Records and other big lifts are always entertaining though.
                        There seemed to be a LOT of records broken this year

Comment

Here is the proof!

Pilot Point HS senior breaks own state meet record of 650 pounds at Texas High School Powerlifting Association event March 23 in Abilene Texas. STORY: http:/...
                          Wanna see my care face???

Comment

Originally posted by Blakeski View Post
                            I couldn't see the lift from where I was, just the light tree. Looks like he had some room to add some weight. His first attempt of 580 broke the old record, 650 was his second, then the 700lb lift

Comment

I couldn't see the lift from where I was, just the light tree. Looks like he had some room to add some weight. His first attempt of 580 broke the old record, 650 was his second, then the 700lb lift

He did have some room - I watched an interview with him on the news and he said he thought he had 725 in him that day.

Comment

Working...
                              X