No announcement yet.

‘SuperTruck’ Made 54% More Fuel Efficient — Gets a Whopping 9.9 MPG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe on OTR trucks, but I doubt they'll overly enforce on 3/4 & 1 ton markets.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
      Maybe on OTR trucks, but I doubt they'll overly enforce on 3/4 & 1 ton markets.
      A lot of states are, how long tell the feds tell Texas they have to start checking, its coming. They see a cash cow out there. If they feel froggy they can get you any time they want, its a federal law, Texas just hasnt jumped on the wagon YET.

I have a 15L Detroit with the trash on it, with 35k to 40k lb average my truck is mid to high 7s past six months. 25 to 30k 8mpg is easy as long as I dont pull any real long hills. I run 65+- most of the time.

Very few mess with taking it off class 8 trucks, When you are talking 150k for a truck you dont fuck with any thing they can turn down a warranty claim. Just good in frame rebuild runs north of 15k. And thats if nothing is broke to start with.

Comment

So, they put flimsy skirts on an already shit truck and called it a new design? Those things looked like ass after one year of hauling when I was driving a truck. That one already looks like ass as most of the panels aren't lining up. Everything about that truck screams lease it and throw it away after two years. It falls apart at every seam.

Yeah, one blow out and there will several other wrecks on the road as people are dodging shrapnel.

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
          So, they put flimsy skirts on an already shit tr.
          9.k and called it a new design? Those things looked like ass after one year of hauling when I was driving a truck. That one already looks like ass as most of the panels aren't lining up. Everything about that truck screams lease it and throw it away after two years. It falls apart at every seam.

Yeah, one blow out and there will several other wrecks on the road as people are dodging shrapnel.
          A fleece truck. Or the dot tells you to pull that shit off for a inspection. What weight they pulling. 9.9 not all that good on flat land with all that work.
          Im sure I could pull 9s on flat land light running 60. Hell I see 10 dead heading running 65.

Comment

I averaged 10.3 driving a Freightliner with a fully loaded van that was governed at 70. When I went to California hauling a reefer I would average 12.7, but that was due to knowing which hills to let it ride out in New Mexico and take advantage of flat West Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
              I averaged 10.3 driving a Freightliner with a fully loaded van that was governed at 70. When I went to California hauling a reefer I would average 12.7, but that was due to knowing which hills to let it ride out in New Mexico and take advantage of flat West Texas.
              I'm averaging 9.3 in my Freightliner right now. 2012 Cascadia with the DD13...no governor though

Comment

saw some lng trucks on my way to and from austin today. one fed ex and a few dillon tanker units. ive counted about 5 full lng clne stations around dfw and I35 corridor. most arent operating but i assume that will change shortly. still have yet to drive an lng unit but after bunring 8-9K gallons of diesel myself its good to see some different fuels being used.

Comment

Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
                  Have not been impressed with LNG. Yet.
                  Have a feeling its coming like it or not, Loves and and a lot of big truck stops are putting in pumps.

Comment

Working...
                  X