Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got the title to the Jap truck, have a question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the title to the Jap truck, have a question?

How much is the DMV going to hit me up to take the lien holder off and reissue the title?

You need to track down the lien holder and have them sign it. If not the DMV will make you do a bonded title. I did this recently with a car I had. Found the little bank in north Dallas and sweet talked a bank VP into signing it. Just depends on how much is owed and how old the debt is.

Unless you had one re issued and it was paid off. Same thing though just drive to bank and have them sign it.
    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
      You need to track down the lien holder and have them sign it. If not the DMV will make you do a bonded title. I did this recently with a car I had. Found the little bank in north Dallas and sweet talked a bank VP into signing it. Just depends on how much is owed and how old the debt is.

Unless you had one re issued and it was paid off. Same thing though just drive to bank and have them sign it.
      Uh, bank signed off on his lein when he paid it off.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I have a letter stating the loan is paid in full and they sent me the title signed. I just need to take it up there to removed the lien holder from the title.

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
          I have a letter stating the loan is paid in full and they sent me the title signed. I just need to take it up there to removed the lien holder from the title.
          Ahhh I think my buddy paid 20.00 or 30.00.
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

If it is signed you can just sell it like normal. No reason to have it re issued.
            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I think it's 28 bucks. I cant remember for sure.

Comment

If it is signed you can just sell it like normal. No reason to have it re issued.
                This!

Comment

What if he keeps the truck for a couple of years and somehow loses the signed title? Then he has to go through the trouble of going back to the previous lienholder for their sign-off again. It's well worth it to just get that done now. Then if he happens to lose the title he can just go get a copy.

Barry:

Add/Remove a Lien

Titles with liens can be issued on paper or electronically by lienholders participating in the ELT program.

You can add or remove a lien on your vehicle's title at your local county tax office. The title fee is $28 or $33, depending on the county, and must be paid at time of application. Please contact your local county tax office for the exact cost.

Comment

Why bother

Comment

It's not a flip. He want to own it

Comment

Jap truck title? I need to get one of those so I can cruise this thing around town lol.

Comment

x2

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                            Jap truck title? I need to get one of those so I can cruise this thing around town lol.
                            I'd kill for one of those ricepatty cruisers!
                            Originally posted by Buzzo
                            Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Hate to say it, but I am going to keep it.

Comment

Working...
                              X