Best (inexpensive) place to stay in LA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best (inexpensive) place to stay in LA

Freeloading my way out to LA with my wife (she'll be out there on business), we are going to stay a couple days on our own dime and I don't need a $350+ a night room like we'll be staying in for the first 2 days. Anyone got any suggestions on reasonable accommodations in LA (prefer somewhere not in Compton).

Thanks.

Was gonna say in Compton. Somewhere off Crenshaw.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

hourly rate?

Comment

Holiday Inn at LAX is really nice, secure parking, a restaurant and bar....around $130 a night.

Comfort Inn on Wilshire is decent, and it's less than a mile from downtown....around $115 a night.

Comment

Motel 6 Hollywood

Edit: Forget this place, Was nice when I was there years ago but apparently is now a shit hole.
          Last edited by Jewrrick; 03-28-2013, 09:33 AM.
          QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

Try hotel tonight app can't buy until noon but good deals can find free credit promo codes too
            BARBIE LOVES BULLITT991 3.17.07
            I'm a Barbie girl...In my Barbie world...
            PROUD OWNER: '04 AZURE BLUE MACH 1

Comment

We stayed at the Hawthorn Suites on Sepulveda Blvd in Manhattan Beach. I think it was roughly $140 a night. It about 10 minutes from LAX

Comment

Then don't stay at the Beverly Hilton...

I usually stay at the Airport Renaissance, about $180-200/night.

Comment

We are going to stay at the Portofino Hotel & Marina. I've stayed there before but didn't even think about it this time. Right off the Strand in Redondo Beach.

Comment

My wife and I stayed at a VRBO (vacation rental by owner) listing. Basically it was once a 3 car garage, but he converted it into this really nice apartment. We were 1.5 miles from Hollywood Blvd, it had a nice mini kitchen, shower, a/c, tv...it was great. $99 a night...but this was 2 -3 years ago.

If you are interested, I can try to find the listing. You get an assigned parking spot in the street too!

Edit: Found it: Pied-a-terre

Edit: Well then...never mind...didn't want to help anyways!

Comment

Working...
                    X