Best place to buy a suit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jayjohnson600 View Post
    My custom tailor in Shanghai, $150 USD(1000 CNY) for jacket and pants, and 2 button down shirts,
    add for french cuffs, 48hours from measuring to delivery.

Fits just perfect, in any name-brand style in the mags, choose from a couple hundred colors, in your
    choice of dozens of fabrics.

Hook it up, Cochise.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
      Man if you think that coming from the rack...you're all mixed up lol.
      LOL ok. Hugo Boss is overpriced for the level of quality you get. And i dont think you are educated enough on the subject to change my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh.0 View Post
        thrift shop?
        He wants to pop some tags...

Comment

JC Penney - for the love of god.
          Originally posted by davbrucas
          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

I buy my suits a Sears.

never trust a clothing store that doesn't also sell tools and riding mowers!

Comment

Montgomery Ward

Comment

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
                LOL ok. Hugo Boss is overpriced for the level of quality you get. And i dont think you are educated enough on the subject to change my mind.
                You're right, I'm not a suit expert...I don't work at the men's wearhouse. You got me.

And I consider style a quality. I like Hugo boss style, especially for the reasonable price.

And again...there's a reason suits go to those huge discounters.

Comment

Comment

I've had good experiences with Men's Warehouse, it's nice buy and have it all tailored there. I have yet to find a jacket off the rack that fits well, when the shoulders fit right, it looks like I am sporting a tent around my waste. Knowing that I am going to have to get everything tailored, it's worth a little more to have a one-stop shop.

Comment

i got 2 suits for about 200 at the suit warehouse in duncanville off campwisdom

Originally posted by DOHCTR
                      You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                        You're right, I'm not a suit expert...I don't work at the men's wearhouse. You got me.

And I consider style a quality. I like Hugo boss style, especially for the reasonable price.

And again...there's a reason suits go to those huge discounters.
                        I dont work there either, im in the mortgage business. I just research before i throw hundreds of dollars out there They have the style part down, im just dissapointed with the Hugo Boss suit i have for the $$ i spent on it, and have since researched the differences.

IDK if youre calling the norstrom rack/neiman marcus last call/saks off fifth huge discounters, but they carry what didnt sell out at the full line stores or stuff from last season, which in meanswear is pretty much the same as the current season since it doesnt really change.

Comment

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
                          Id definitely hit nordstrom rack over any of the other suggestions. If you can afford it id get a Hickey Freeman for 5-600. It will seriously last decades with proper care and the styling is pretty classic so it wont look dated.

IF you were looking closer to 800 id say get a Zegna or Canali suit

For closer to 300 id get Joseph Abboud or Hart Schaffner & Marx

The JAB suits are very boxy and the construction is the same as the 100 dollar suits from JC Penny. The signature suits are marginally better, and the signature gold ones are equivalent to the 300 dollar hart schaffner marx or joseph abboud suits from nordstrom rack.

If you really care and want it to last make sure the jacket constuction is "canvassed" or at least "1/2 canvassed" rather than "fused". Fused jackets (like all of JAB suits) dont stand up well to dry cleaning chemicals and start to basically delaminate over time and bubble.

Im sure people will call me a fag for going into such detail, but i favor higher priced goods with decades of longevity rather than something that will last 2/3 years for 1/2 the price.

Dress shoes are the same way.....Ill pay 400 for a pair of dress shoes that will last 10+ years than 100 for some that ill have to replace in a year or 2. If you need good dress shoes look at allen edmonds. theyre a great shoe for the money an they have a full retail store at willow bend so you can get properly sized.
                          What are the best looking ties in your opinion?

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                            Steve Harvey!!!! Hoo hoo hoo hoo!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                              for 39.99 at the rack you can get robert talbott best of class ties which are great ties. try to stick around 3.5 width or narrower. anything wider is out of style. plain white and light blue dress shirts with spread collars and white linen pocket squares will round it out nicely.

Comment

Listen to Pro88. I went into Jos A Bank for an emergency third suit for a trip I took in the fall and damn near everything in there fit me like a 10 year old kid wearing his dad's suit. I'm not a huge guy, but all of their fitments are 15+ years out of style.

Men's Warehouse has some suits that wouldn't be worn by a bank teller circa 1985, but they're generally far overpriced for what they are.

I actually wound up snagging a suit from Banana Republic last fall when I needed one in a pinch. It fit very well off the shelf (wound up having a few alterations made later to make it perfect), but it's my favorite suit now. Wasn't terribly expensive (paid right around $350), can't speak to long term wear but it worked in a pinch. Not the nicest construction, but for someone that isn't a complete fatass, it's one of the few suits I've found off a rack that didn't require a sweatshop's worth of alterations to fit right.

And I'll second the notion of going to Nordstrom Rack. I've come very close to pulling the trigger on a suit in there; lots of very nice stuff for very good prices, it's just a bit of a crapshoot as to whether you'll find what you want in your size or not at any given time.

Comment

Working...
                                X