Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone got any 1979 Texas plates laying around? (trying to register as "antique")

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone got any 1979 Texas plates laying around? (trying to register as "antique")

Long shot I'm sure, but apparently if I register my coupe as "antique" I can run old school plates (which IMO look better then the goofy ass new antique plates). From what I understand they have to be from the year that your car was made (although I'm not exactly sure how they know since it looks like some of the plates back then just had a sticker for the year and others had the year stamped into them).

Anyways, anyone got anything?

In order to be a YOM plate, it has to be stamped with the year in the plate. I'm pretty sure they stopped doing that in the mid-early 70s. By '79 it was surely just a stamped plate that you applied the registration sticker to, so I don't think it's an option for your car. Pretty sure you're stuck with the ugly plate.
    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

maybe it's just personalized plates (there are a few on ebay but none of them make sense for me). i've got a pretty sweet one my from my dad but it's stamped 84. says "MY SIN".

guess i'll just have to wait for a cool personalized plate to come up.

Comment

What's wrong with ROB L?
        Rich

Comment

Swap meet in Grand Prairie tomorrow 8-5 at lone star park. I picked up my 1966 plates a few months ago at one. Price will be based on condition and availability.

I recondition headlights on most cars for $50.00. If interested shoot me a pm.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
            In order to be a YOM plate, it has to be stamped with the year in the plate. I'm pretty sure they stopped doing that in the mid-early 70s. By '79 it was surely just a stamped plate that you applied the registration sticker to, so I don't think it's an option for your car. Pretty sure you're stuck with the ugly plate.
            Damn, this is a first, but you're wrong Danny boy. Have YOM plates on my 77. Plates were stamped 75. All you have to do is get the correct year sticker & you're golden.

Comment

Working...
            X