type 2 diabetis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• type 2 diabetis

Just curious as to what meds type 2 people on here were taking. i took actos with methphormin for a while, but the methphormin made me sick to my stomach. A higher dose of actos worked good for about 2 years and then just quit working. even with me working out and eating right (in other words nothing changed but that). Tried a few others, and then i was introduced to Victosa which is a shot, but not insulin. Now it seems that it is not working as well either. It like my body builds a defense to it... its frustrating because now i am back to the drawing board.

the victosa was amzing for about a lil longer than 2 years, and now not so much

Comment

im taking janumet 50/1000 2x daily. 50mg of Januvia and 1000 of Metformin. Works great, been on it for many years....
      2009 Mercedes C63 AMG

Comment

yeah, methformin worked great. but it makes me sick to my stomach, and it hit without warning. Thats a real bad thing in the oilfield. lol

Comment

You might talk to your doctor about seeing a nutritionist, and maybe going off grains and sugars altogether. My girlfriend's mom did that, and works out everyday, and does really well that way. She has to be especially disciplined with herself, but it's helped her a ton. Either way, you should see your doctor immediately.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I drink honey!

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
              I drink honey!
              Mead is the shit. FYI.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                You might talk to your doctor about seeing a nutritionist, and maybe going off grains and sugars altogether. My girlfriend's mom did that, and works out everyday, and does really well that way. She has to be especially disciplined with herself, but it's helped her a ton. Either way, you should see your doctor immediately.
                This^^^^

Comment

You gots tha sugar?

Comment

Going off the grains and virtually all refined sugar enabled me to avoid getting Type 2 diabetes in the first place. I was warned about having pre-diabetes for three years before finally doing something about it, and dietary changes alone brought my fasting glucose and A1C back down to well within normal limits.

Comment

When you say you are eating right, what are you eating? Do you look at the carbs in what you eat? Sure a 12 inch Subway sammich has low fat, low sodium, etc. if you get good ingredients, but the bread has a shit-ton of carbs, which convert to high glucose as it breaks down. Same with eating fruit, sure it's good for ya, but in moderation.

How often do you test your BG levels?
                      Last edited by yellowstang; 04-01-2013, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Some great info about diabetes here.

Comment

I have no contribution to this thread, other than....

DIABEETUS!
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                            When you say you are eating right, what are you eating? Do you look at the carbs in what you eat? Sure a 12 inch Subway sammich has low fat, low sodium, etc. if you get good ingredients, but the bread has a shit-ton of carbs, which convert to high glucose as it breaks down. Same with eating fruit, sure it's good for ya, but in moderation.

How often do you test your BG levels?
                            Carbs and added sugar are always the first two things I look at in what I buy. In a typical grocery store, that pretty much eliminates anything stocked in the center aisles and instead sends me to the perimeter of the store for raw, unprocessed items. It takes a lot more time to prepare meals that way but it's worked great over the past year. Just started adding back in "good" carbs and fruit in extreme moderation, but added sugar is likely to remain permanently on my do not eat list. White bread, soft drinks, etc., never again. Also like you said, moderation is key in carb consumption.

My fasting BG has dropped from 110+ to consistently low 90's, A1C from a high of 6.2 to 5.5, and there has been a significant drop in LDL cholesterol and triglyceride level as well. In the past year I've tested these numbers about every 3-4 months, now that will go to every 6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                              I was warned about having pre-diabetes for three years before finally doing something about it, and dietary changes alone brought my fasting glucose and A1C back down to well within normal limits.
                              This is whaty I did several years ago. Went in for mt yearly check up and my Dr. informed me that I was on the edge of being a diabetic. I gave her my diet, which consisted of alot of sugar, soft drinks, fast food and beer. I gave it all up (I drink a six pack a week on Fridays), changed my diet and have been pretty close to normal as one can get without drugs.
                              Originally posted by Silverback
                              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                              X