Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like they nabbed the Lake Highlands rapist

Sweet

DALLAS — Dallas police say they have arrested a suspect in their investigation of three sexual assaults in Lake Highlands.

Cesar Benitez, 30, was captured Tuesday afternoon after a Crime Stoppers tip provided specific information.

At a news conference Tuesday night, Chief David Brown said Benitez was pulled over for a traffic violation on Central Expressway around 1 p.m. Tuesday. He exited at Walnut Hill and then fled on foot.

Benitez was captured without incident following a brief pursuit.

"This was a needle-in-a-haystack search," Brown said.

The chief said Benitez voluntarily confessed to all three crimes and provided DNA samples for lab analysis.

He is currently charged with one count of sexual assault for a March 15 assault in the 10000 block of Ferndale and with one count of aggravated assault for a February 22 offense on the same street.

Brown said a palm print taken from the March 15 crime scene matched Benitez.

He has not yet been charged with the March 19 assault pending a determination of the appropriate charge.

Bond was set at $4,564,000.

"This neighborhood has lived in fear," Chief Brown said. "We hope that they have some sense of relief that a suspect has been brought to justice."

Police officials asked the news media not to publish any photos of Benitez until their investigation of the March 19 offense is complete.

Sources told News 8 officers had been watching the man for a week because he matched the description of the serial rapist who has been terrorizing women in Lake Highlands, and he has a history of behavior that leads them to believe he might be capable of rape.

Dallas police previously revealed DNA testing on samples taken in three sexual assaults in the area connected one unknown person to the attacks.

The first rape was reported on February 22, and the last was reported on March 19.
    Originally posted by davbrucas
    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Damn! There was a Lake Highlands rapist? Too bad they didn't catch the, "Lake Highlands jackass that broke into my car back in the day."
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

4.5mm bond? Nice.
      Ford
      GM
      Toyota
      VAG

Comment

I wonder if there has ever been a neighborhood woman serial rapist? I would move there.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
          Damn! There was a Lake Highlands rapist? Too bad they didn't catch the, "Lake Highlands jackass that broke into my car back in the day."
          Yes - caused a lot of tension and unease. Kicked in the latest victim's door at 7am as soon as her husband left for work. Word around the campfire is that she fought back and fought back hard - fucked him up pretty good.
          Originally posted by davbrucas
          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
            Yes - caused a lot of tension and unease. Kicked in the latest victim's door at 7am as soon as her husband left for work. Word around the campfire is that she fought back and fought back hard - fucked him up pretty good.
            That's pretty fucked up. I'm glad they caught his ass.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Rape, arson, murder, and rape.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                Rape, arson, murder, and rape.
                You must like rape. HIRED!!!
                Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                dont downshift!!
                Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

I live less than 2 miles from the 3 rapes and it's been pretty damn tense around here. This area has been crawling with cops for the last month or so. They need to put the guy in handcuffs in a room and give each of the victims 5 minutes and a tack hammer for a little payback.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                    I'm glad they caught the worthless piece of garbage. I hope he rots in prison.
                    Originally posted by Buzzo
                    Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                      Hopefully they worked up a number 6 on him

Comment

He was just in the US to work and get a better life......

Wish the headline was "Serial rapist fatally shot by intended victim"

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                          He was just in the US to work and get a better life......

Wish the headline was "Serial rapist fatally shot by intended victim"
                          LOL! No shit! Was this dude an "undocumented worker"?

Comment

Why couldn't the DPD shoot this asshole in the back?
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                              Kenny filled out one of those "about me" thing son Facebook the other day, and posted it. He intended to say, "I like rapping" on one of the questions. What he actually said was "I like raping." So I laughed, and laughed, and laughed...
                              Originally posted by BradM
                              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                              Originally posted by Leah
                              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                              X