Garage Door Stuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garage Door Stuck

This morning I opened my garage door and when I tried to close it, it went down then came back up 4 inches. Pressing the button, it goes down and then returns to being 4 inches up. I adjusted the down force all the way and it still occurred.

I released the garage door and it is now stuck completely down. It's like the spring is binding? I can't pull the door up.

Ideas?

Don't fuck with that spring...seriously. That shit can kill you. Call a professional.

Comment

Ramming Speed!!!
      "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
        Don't fuck with that spring...seriously. That shit can kill you. Call a professional.

X2. Those things can explode/shatter... Shrapnel if you will. Those things are under a tremendous amount of pressure.
        ./ ____ _ _\.
        (]]]_ o _[[[)
        \o_FORD_o/
        |__|.....|__|

God closes doors no man can open, God opens doors no man can close. Revelations 3:7-8

Comment

Yeah I wouldnt mess with it...PM Sent
          Originally posted by Da Prez
          Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
          Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Yeah I've been through the spring thing before, would never do that myself. Just wondering if there is a safe way to confirm what's causing it. I'll just assume its the torsion spring and call someone.

Comment

Originally posted by MustangPoser View Post
              Yeah I've been through the spring thing before, would never do that myself. Just wondering if there is a safe way to confirm what's causing it. I'll just assume its the torsion spring and call someone.
              Did you check to see if it's out of the track somewhere? Also check to see if the cables on each side have bound or have come loose and made a bird nest. Lastly, make sure the switch isn't shorting out or the sensor isn't loose. I've had all of those things happen.

Comment

Jiggle the sensors on both sides and try it again.

Comment

Originally posted by downshift_me View Post
                  Jiggle the sensors on both sides and try it again.
                  That's what she said...

Comment

My spring broke a couple of weeks ago. I was actually in the garage when it happened. I thought someone hit my garage door with a sledge hammer. Scared the crap out of me! Lol

Comment

Working...
                    X