Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many miles do you get out of a set of tires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many miles do you get out of a set of tires?

I am lucky to get 30k out of my Michelins. Not the tires fault, the Jap truck has a touchy first gear. My brother just text'd me and said he is at 60,474 miles on his 09 4x4 chevy truck and still on the original tires. With tread still showing.

I'm hard on tires. So I replace them bout once every year to year and a half. No matter what the brand
    Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

The mustang got about 10k miles out of its tires. The Jeep is pushing 34k, but they need to be replaced.

Comment

Cobra gets more miles out of the jack stands and the tires last longer when they are not on the car.
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
          I am lucky to get 30k out of my Michelins. Not the tires fault, the Jap truck has a touchy first gear. My brother just text'd me and said he is at 60,474 miles on his 09 4x4 chevy truck and still on the original tires. With tread still showing.
          Sounds like my Dad he has 70k on his 09 dmax and still on the original front tires, he has a programer on it so the backs only lasted about 30k. My last truck had 21k miles on it when it was totaled and the stock Michelins were well over 50% tread life. I'm on my 4th truck since 08 so I've had one long enough to buy tires.

Comment

I've got about 35K on my Michelin LTX/MS2's on my Titan and they still look damn near new. I'm betting I'll get 80-90k out of them, but I also check the pressure weekly and rotate every oil change.

Comment

I got 36k out of my first set of newer Camaro tires.

I got 15k out of them when I drove my older camaro like i stole it.

My dad gets 80k out of his truck tires.
              WRX

Comment

40k on my f150
                THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

On my 12 GT, I got about 17k out of my Pirelli PZeros. On my 09 GT i got alomost 30k out of them, but it didn't have as much powa!.
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Keep in mind, most tires on new vehicles are rated for low mileage. 30,000, 36,000 or something like that. Michelin, and most other manufacturers have low mileage and high mileage rated tires. Also, all tires are not created equal. I got over 70,000 miles out of my Michelin LTX tires on the Expedition.
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                      Keep in mind, most tires on new vehicles are rated for low mileage. 30,000, 36,000 or something like that. Michelin, and most other manufacturers have low mileage and high mileage rated tires. Also, all tires are not created equal. I got over 70,000 miles out of my Michelin LTX tires on the Expedition.
                      Another aspect is the type of surfaces the tire drives on.
                      "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                        truth.

I got 65ish out of the last set on my truck. The rears were getting thin, and one of the fronts seperated. oddly, that was the same story on the prevous set.
                        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

i have roughly 30k miles on my toyo open country AT tires on my work truck. i would say they have about 25% left on them. i dont pay for them but i would suspect i could get another 10-15k miles out of them. not bad for a 3/4 ton truck that travels on gravel rock roads every day

Comment

My wife's tires currently have 55k miles on them and I'll probably replace them next month. Although they did pass inspection yesterday.

Comment

Got 38-39k miles on my 09 GT and still has the stock tires. Tread looks almost new and still has about 90% of the nips on the sides edges of the tread. It is slow and I drive like a 90 year old grandpa on the way to get coffee.

Comment

Working...
                              X