BMW Suspension repair shops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMW Suspension repair shops

Anyone have a recommendation in the North Dallas area (perferably around 75/NWHwy) for someone to give a straight/honest repair evaluation on BMW suspension?

She took her car to NTB for a tire replacement and they scared the shit out of her with an estimate to replace the suspension at all 4 corners for over $3k. (2004 335i with 60k)

My bullshit meter is off the scale for the suspension, but she does need a tierod replaced so some work has to be done.

Several people have recommended Autoscope but I have no personal experience with them.

FWIW, it is not uncommon for BMW to require suspension upkeep. Ball joints, bushings etc. I finally got fed up and sold my E39 540i. @ 60k miles, it's probably time for new radiator, expansion tank, water pump, etc.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by Binky View Post
      She...her...her...(2004 335i with 60k)
      Single? Hook it up!
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

i used to take mine to a place at nwhwy/lemmon across from bachmann lake. I think it's called Euro Automotive. any place is gonna be a rip off, BMW's are really pretty easy to work on, as far as the mechanical shit. get on www.e46fanatics.com and search search search. Then woo her with your mechanical prowess, and maybe she'll play with your pudder.
        THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Bimmer Motor Works and Ultimate Bimmer Repair have both been recommended to me by folks when I was looking to have a PPI done, both seem to be very highly regarded.

Comment

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Originally posted by Binky View Post
            Anyone have a recommendation in the North Dallas area (perferably around 75/NWHwy) for someone to give a straight/honest repair evaluation on BMW suspension?

She took her car to NTB for a tire replacement and they scared the shit out of her with an estimate to replace the suspension at all 4 corners for over $3k. (2004 335i with 60k)

My bullshit meter is off the scale for the suspension, but she does need a tierod replaced so some work has to be done.
            First of all, there's no such thing as a 2004 335...it didn't come out till 2007.
            as far as suspension on all four corners, do you mean replacing the struts ???

Or is it more involved ?

Send me a PM with contact info. and I'll be willing to talk this repair over.

Stay away from Euro Automotive.....don't know much about the other two places mentioned.

I can do the repairs and save you money.

Is the car pulling or wearing the tires improperly ?
            Last edited by prostock1; 04-03-2013, 02:08 PM.
            sigpic
            "Lookin' back in front of me in the mirror's a grin,
            through eyes of love I see I'm really lookin' at a friend
            We've all had our problems that's the way life is,
            my heart goes out to others who are there to make amends".

Comment

Originally posted by txminime View Post
              Several people have recommended Autoscope but I have no personal experience with them.

FWIW, it is not uncommon for BMW to require suspension upkeep. Ball joints, bushings etc. I finally got fed up and sold my E39 540i. @ 60k miles, it's probably time for new radiator, expansion tank, water pump, etc.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
              The V8 5 series the worst on any year model.... too much extra BS on a other wise great car. Nice to have the V8 power, but expensive to maintain. The 6 cyl. version is a far better car.
              sigpic

Comment

PM sent.

Comment

When I rebuilt the front suspension on my E39 M5 it was $1200 in parts alone (no struts, only the rubber bits, tie rod ends, trailing arms and other misc pieces).

Autoscope is trustworthy, but they won't be the cheapest option.

Comment

I work at NTB in Carrollton and would be more than willing to have one of my technicians look it over and give a much better quote. Unless the struts are leaking or causing bad tire wear then I see no need to replace. Autoscope is a great shop but they are on the pricey side. If you'd like to PM me her phone number on her account and I could check tomorrow to see exactly what they quoted her. Most likely a tie rod and alignment is all that is needed. The struts we're probably recommended based on the mileage.

Ethan

Comment

60k is high mileage for struts ? ....$400.00 for a 4 wheel alignment ? we're talking 20 min. worth of work, if the tech knows what he's doing.

I know nothing about your store personally....I do know a former NTB store manager, and from the stories he's told me, that place is a shakedown factory.

I send people there for tires only.....period
                      sigpic

Comment

Not even batteries?
                        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                          Not even batteries?
                          Oreilly's or Batteries Plus, for batteries
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by prostock1 View Post
                            60k is high mileage for struts ? ....$400.00 for a 4 wheel alignment ? we're talking 20 min. worth of work, if the tech knows what he's doing.

I know nothing about your store personally....I do know a former NTB store manager, and from the stories he's told me, that place is a shakedown factory.

I send people there for tires only.....period
                            The aftermarket industry standard is based off of the motorist assurance program(map). This keeps everyone one to a standard. Based on map guidelines struts and shocks are recommended every 50,000 miles. I'm not saying I agree but there are many people that run there shops based on that. Now with that said I don't agree with many things in the map guidelines and I run my shop completely different than most. My 2 leads tech's come from dealerships. We prefer to fix cars rather than do BS services.

I would never charge someone $400 for an alignment. I charge most all cars $89.99 which is our standard price. We actually just did a Bentley last month that the dealer wanted well over $200 to do for just $90. I'm not gonna defend all NTB's because we are all different but I go out of my way do provide a quality service at a fair price. I never thought I would end up at NTB but I enjoy what I do.

Like I said I'm not going to defend other stores because we aren't all the same. There are a select few that are good but it does suck telling people where I work because the general consensus is that we suck.

Comment

Working...
                            X