Ever lived in Lexington, Ky?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever lived in Lexington, Ky?

I got offered a job there and they are offering significantly more than I currently make along with a better benefits package. I spent some time at Ft Campbell when I was in the Army but have only been to Lexington twice. Just looking for some opinions on what the area is like...including golf, weather, housing, etc. Thanks.

Beautiful country, but there isn't shit going on there. I fly in and out of there a couple times a year.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

The demographics look good.

The racial makeup of the city was 81.04% White, 13.48% African American, 0.19% Native American, 2.46% Asian, 0.03% Pacific Islander, 1.21% from other races, and 1.58% from two or more races.

Isn't it one of the more popular places to retire to?
      Last edited by mstng86; 01-11-2011, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Don't go on any rafting trips unless you can squeal like a pig.
        Originally posted by racrguy
        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

I dont do shit anyway...just golf, MX, work and baseball with my son. I already researched youth baseball there and it is very good.

I am not a rafter or a squealer!

Comment

Visted, but never lived there. Kentucky can definitely be beautiful.

Are you a bourbon fan?

Comment

I wonder if it has that dirty asshole smell like Houston? Any refineries?
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Lexington, KY > Houston, TX....in every possible way.

I've been there several times. Beautiful country, very nice people, and if you like horses, you'll love it there.
                "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

They're offering more than a Houston hospital?

Comment

Yup...the system that they have in place has them making $350-400/hr...with full benefits.

Comment

Holy smokes! That is almost worth going to medical school for!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                        Holy smokes! That is almost worth going to medical school for!
                        It's worth it...you should go. They do not have DADT in med school so you should be good.

Comment

I always thought most doctors were in the 250-300k range. That is a decent chunk of change!

Would you wife be able to find a new gig out there?

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                            It's worth it...you should go. They do not have DADT in med school so you should be good.
                            Ya, I've watched Scrubs for the last few years. I think I can just challenge the test and jump right in.

Comment

Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
                              I always thought most doctors were in the 250-300k range. That is a decent chunk of change!

Would you wife be able to find a new gig out there?
                              Would she need to?

Comment

Working...
                              X