No announcement yet.

Green Valley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continued - Looking as recent as 4/2012 there is still some of the original pavement there on the south end.

10/25/07

6/12/11
    Attached Files

Comment

It may still be there, but it's so over grown you can't tell from the street anymore. Tempted to jump that barb wire fence and go see this weekend.

Comment

Anybody remember Evel Knievel jumping 11 Mack trucks at GV in February of '74? I thought that was about the biggest deal evar!

Comment

Originally posted by JP135 View Post
          Anybody remember Evel Knievel jumping 11 Mack trucks at GV in February of '74? I thought that was about the biggest deal evar!
          What the fuck, OVER?!
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I was 11, and I was there. Got his autograph on a poster that has long since disappeared.

Not my pic -

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
              Really? Wow, I've never heard that Kennedale was anything other than an eighth mile track. You must be pretty old.
              One of the old fellers I know raced k-dale 1/4, said they ran 1000', and then went to 1/8. Long before my time. He has stories of Dallas International and Green Valley and apparently there was a track in forest hill way back when.
              Rich

Comment

K-dale ran 1/4 mile for a short while, didn't have near enough shutdown room from what I remember.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                  Really? Wow, I've never heard that Kennedale was anything other than an eighth mile track. You must be pretty old.
                  I'm early 60ish

Comment

Originally posted by TexasT View Post
                    One of the old fellers I know raced k-dale 1/4, said they ran 1000', and then went to 1/8. Long before my time. He has stories of Dallas International and Green Valley and apparently there was a track in forest hill way back when.
                    I ran a few times at the track in Forest Hills too, it had a huge oak tree right in the middle of the track about at the finish line. Back then Yellowbelly had more safety than Forest Hills did

Comment

Comment

Evel knievel!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X