Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your wife and oldest child are sick. Would you stay home or go to work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your wife and oldest child are sick. Would you stay home or go to work?

My wife and my oldest son were both sick about 4-5 weeks ago. My wife had been throwing up since 1am and my oldest son(4y/o) walked into the bedroom at 5am and threw up all over the bedroom. Then I found out he already thrown up in his own bed. I called my boss @ 7am and told him I was going to stay home and take care of the family. He didnt sound like he had any problem with it at the time. Last Thur he gave me the ¨boss talk¨ and said he didnt understand why I had to take off and when he had kids at home and his wife and kids were sick he went to work. All I said is that I have a different relationship with my wife and if that situation comes up again I´m still going to stay home.
    Apparently the rest of the guys I work with feel the same way as my boss but to me these guys all have the attitude that work comes first and if the family has a problem with it get a new one. My thought is that I´ve not once met any 70+ year old men that said they wish they would´ve spent more time at work. I´v heard lots of them tell me to spend as much time as I can with family because that´s one of their all time regrets.
    Maybe my mentality needs an adjustment hence this post. Would y´all have stayed home or went to work?
    stay home
    0%
    go to work
    0%
    viva la EvilJose
    0%

what the hell you think happens when freight train calls in?? that right....the motherfucker world stops!

i would have taken off like you did.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Stay home.
      Fuck being guilted into not using time off (sick leave or vacation) that is yours to do with as you please.

Comment

It seems most men think that you need to "man up" in these situations. By that they mean go into work and slave away. I'd say you did the correct version of manning up.

Comment

Depends on the situation. Those guys you are talking about, prob hate their wife and dont know their kids.

Next time just say your sick.

Comment

Stayed home. If something important had to be done that day - do it from home.
            Originally posted by davbrucas
            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

You have sick days right? It's really none of there business what you do with them then. To many people live to work rather then work to live nowadays.

Comment

I'd have stayed home too. Family first without question.

Saved and Texan by the Grace of God, Redneck by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                  . I'd say you did the correct version of manning up.
                  This.

Comment

Stay home. It's what you have comp time for, isn't it?

Comment

Kind of a no brainer if you already work from home.

Comment

That's just what you get for being honest now. Better off just using a sick day and leave it at that, any more details than needed just start unneeded shit it seems, with everyone looking for an excuse to complain about something.

Comment

i guess im the only one who looks for a reason to stay home from work?
                          .....bro....

Comment

I would have gone to work only because I hate being sick and wouldn't want to catch it. Plus my wife wants to be left completely alone when she is sick so it would be useless for me to be there.

Comment

x2 on going to work solely so I don't end up sick myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X